- Beta-blocker use and COPD mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysisMahyar Etminan
Therapeutic Evaluation Unit, British Columbia Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Pulm Med 12:48. 2012..Currently, no systematic review has examined the impact of beta-blockers on mortality in COPD...
- Paediatric adverse drug reaction reporting: understanding and future directionsBruce C Carleton
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 14:e45-57. 2007..95% of ADRs are likely not reported, less than 25% of marketed drugs can be advertised as safe and effective in children; yet over 50% of Canadian children receive prescription drugs annually...
- Adverse drug reaction active surveillance: developing a national network in Canada's children's hospitalsBc Carleton
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Programme, Children s and Women s Health Centre of British Columbia, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:713-21. 2009..The genotype-specific approaches to therapy in childhood (GATC) national ADR network was established to identify specific ADRs and to improve drug safety through identification of predictive genomic biomarkers of drug risk...
- Demonstrating utility of pharmacogenetics in pediatric populations: methodological considerationsB Carleton
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Translational Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:757-9. 2010....
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug use and the risk of Parkinson disease: a retrospective cohort studyMahyar Etminan
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Neurosci 15:576-7. 2008..A time-dependent Cox model was used to estimate adjusted rate ratios for users and non-users of NSAIDs. The results of our study did not show a protective effect of NSAIDs for PD (rate ratio 0.84, 95% CI 0.81-1.09)...