Affiliation: Cancer Care Ontario
- Chrétien's prescription for medicare: a green poultice in lieu of accountabilityTerrence Sullivan
Research and Cancer Control, Cancer Care Ontario, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L7, Canada
CMAJ 170:359-60. 2004
- Helicobacter pylori and the prevention of gastric cancerTerrence Sullivan
Division of Research and Cancer Control, Cancer Care Ontario, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2L7
Can J Gastroenterol 18:295-302. 2004..H pylori can be detected by noninvasive tests and effectively eradicated by medical treatment. Screening for and treatment of H pylori may represent a significant opportunity for preventive oncology...
- Waiting for cancer care: exploiting our national laboratoryTerrence Sullivan
Cancer Care Ontario, 620 University Ave, 16th Fl, Toronto, ON M5G 2L7
Can J Surg 49:12-4. 2006
- Responsibility for Canada's healthcare quality agenda: interviews with Canadian health leadersTerrence Sullivan
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Healthc Pap 11:10-21. 2011..The discussion and debate on responsibility have become preoccupations at the national, provincial, institutional and individual profession levels...
- Helicobacter pylori infection in Ontario: prevalence and risk factorsFarah Naja
Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 21:501-6. 2007..The present study had two objectives - to estimate the prevalence of H pylori infection in Ontario, and to evaluate the relationship between the infection and various demographic characteristics and selected lifestyle factors...
- Fecal occult blood testing: people in Ontario are unaware of it and not ready for itPaul Ritvo
Cancer Care Ontario, Division of Preventive Oncology, 620 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 2L7
Can Fam Physician 55:176-177.e4. 2009..To determine factors that influence awareness of, and readiness to undergo, fecal occult blood testing (FOBT) for colorectal cancer (CRC) screening...
- Shifting clinical accountability and the pursuit of quality: aligning clinical and administrative approachesMark J Dobrow
Cancer Services and Policy Research Unit, Cancer Care Ontario, Canada
Healthc Manage Forum 21:6-19. 2008..The review suggests that clinical governance and accountability approaches that actively mesh clinical and administrative approaches at both system and local levels are more likely to be effective in improving quality of care...
- Barriers to patient involvement in health service planning and evaluation: an exploratory studyAnna R Gagliardi
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Room C8 30, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N3M5
Patient Educ Couns 70:234-41. 2008..This study explored stakeholder beliefs about patient participation in performance indicator selection to better understand hypothesized barriers...
- Breast cancer screening program in Canada: successes and challengesVerna Mai
Cancer Care Ontario, 505 University Ave 18th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5G1X3, Canada
Salud Publica Mex 51:s228-35. 2009..Approaches to breast screening are dependent on the health care services available in countries, but regardless of the approach, good evaluation is necessary...
- Response audit of an Internet survey of health care providers and administrators: implications for determination of response ratesMark J Dobrow
Cancer Services and Policy Research Unit, Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Med Internet Res 10:e30. 2008..This paper presents a response audit of a large Internet survey of more than 5000 cancer care providers and administrators in Ontario, Canada...
- Chronic disease prevention and management: implications for health human resources in 2020Margo Orchard
Cancer Care Ontario, Toronto, Canada
Healthc Q 11:38-43. 2008....
- Transforming cancer services in Ontario: a work in progressTerrence Sullivan
Cancer Care Ontario, Canada
Healthc Pap 5:43-51. 2005....
- Development of a set of strategy-based system-level cancer care performance indicators in Ontario, CanadaAnna Greenberg
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, 12 Queen s Park Crescent, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Int J Qual Health Care 17:107-14. 2005..To develop a set of scientifically sound and managerially useful system-level cancer care performance indicators for public reporting in Ontario, Canada...
- Quality councils as health system performance and accountability mechanisms: the Cancer Quality Council of Ontario experienceMark Dobrow
Cancer Quality Council of Ontario Secretariat, Ontario
Healthc Pap 6:8-21. 2006..However, these new Canadian quality councils represent natural experiments in motion from which much needs to be learned...
- Supreme disagreement: the highest court affirms an empty rightColleen M Flood
Faculty of Law, University of Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 173:142-3. 2005
- Payments for care at private for-profit and private not-for-profit hospitals: a systematic review and meta-analysisP J Devereaux
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton
CMAJ 170:1817-24. 2004....