John J Triano
Affiliation: Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Biomechanics--review of approaches for performance training in spinal manipulationJ J Triano
Graduate Education and Research Program, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 22:732-9. 2012..Rehearsals should balance use of simulators and volunteer simulated patients to provide the full range of safe and effective learning opportunities prior to students accepting a role as care givers to the public in any clinical setting...
- Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence reportGert Bronfort
Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2501 W 84th St, Bloomington, MN, USA
Chiropr Osteopat 18:3. 2010..The evidence is inconclusive for knee osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, migraine headache, and premenstrual syndrome. In children, the evidence is inconclusive for asthma and infantile colic...
- Reduced thoracolumbar fascia shear strain in human chronic low back painHelene M Langevin
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington VT, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:203. 2011..The goal of this study was to quantify shear plane motion within the thoracolumbar fascia using ultrasound elasticity imaging in human subjects with and without chronic low back pain (LBP)...
- Maturation in rate of high-velocity, low-amplitude force developmentJohn J Triano
Graduate Education and Research, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 34:173-80. 2011..The hypothesis posed a natural development in rate of force directly related to the duration of experience. The analysis sought to define interrelationships between key characteristics within the procedure...
- Chiropractic in North America: toward a strategic plan for professional renewal--outcomes from the 2006 Chiropractic Strategic Planning ConferenceJohn J Triano
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 33:395-405. 2010....
- Literature syntheses for the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters: methodologyJohn J Triano
Research Division, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 31:645-50. 2008....
- Effects of visual feedback on manipulation performance and patient ratingsJohn J Triano
Texas Back Institute, Plano, Tex, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 29:378-85. 2006....
- Quantitative feedback versus standard training for cervical and thoracic manipulationJohn J Triano
University of Texas Southwestern and Texas Back Institute, 6300 W Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:131-8. 2003..To quantify elements of spinal manipulation therapy performance and to test the strategy of combined rehearsal and quantitative feedback as a means of enhancing student skill development for cervical and thoracic manipulative procedures...
- Procedural skills in spinal manipulation: do prerequisites matter?John J Triano
Texas Back Institute, 6300 West Parker Road, Suite 102, Plano, TX 75093, USA
Spine J 4:557-63. 2004..Training programs are variable and range from extensive formalized curricula to weekend seminars and individual demonstrations. Systematic study of a relationship between prerequisites and skill development has not been conducted...
- Comparison of force development strategies of spinal manipulation used for thoracic painEdward D J Cambridge
Graduate Studies, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Man Ther 17:241-5. 2012..Secondary analysis includes examination of the characteristics that account for potential differences...
- Developing skilled performance of lumbar spine manipulationJohn J Triano
University of Texas, Southwestern and Arlington Joint Biomedical Engineering Program and Texas Back Institute, Plano, Texas 75093, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:353-61. 2002..With quantitative training aids and biomechanical measurement systems, future training programs may be optimized and tested...
- Measurement of lumbar spine loads and motions during rotational mobilizationJohn J Triano
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:731-2; author reply 732. 2005
- A biomechanical assessment of disc pressures in the lumbosacral spine in response to external unloading forcesLisa Ferrara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine Research Laboratory, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Spine J 5:548-53. 2005..Ambulatory reduction of pressure would permit beneficial reduction of loads and permit patients with weight-bearing intolerance a better quality of life...
- Biomechanical measure validation for spinal manipulation in clinical settingsCarolyn M Rogers
Joint Biomedical Engineering Program, University of Texas at Arlington, Texas, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:539-48. 2003..With this type of instrumentation, it is feasible to assess the skill of chiropractic physicians performing spinal manipulative therapy...