Deborah A Kennedy
Affiliation: Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Folate intake and the risk of colorectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisDeborah A Kennedy
The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8 Canada
Cancer Epidemiol 35:2-10. 2011..The results of existing studies have been inconclusive. The purpose was to examine the relationship between level of folate intake and the incidence of colorectal cancer...
- Folate fortification and survival of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaDeborah A Kennedy
The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Paediatr Drugs 13:193-6. 2011..There have been concerns regarding the impact of folate fortification on the efficacy of methotrexate therapy and hence treatment outcomes of ALL...
- In vitro analysis of the herbal compound EssiacDugald Seely
Department of Research and Clinical Epidemiology, The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, ON, Canada
Anticancer Res 27:3875-82. 2007..We aimed to address this deficiency by conducting a series of assays to determine some of the purported activities of Essiac in vitro...
- Cost effectiveness of natural health products: a systematic review of randomized clinical trialsDeborah A Kennedy
ND, Director, Department of Research and Clinical Epidemiology, The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1255 Sheppard Ave East, Toronto, ON M2K 1E2
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 6:297-304. 2009..In conclusion, NHPs may be of use in preventing complications associated with surgery. The cost effectiveness of some NHPs is encouraging in certain areas but needs confirmation from further research...
- Folate Intake, MTHFR Polymorphisms, and the Risk of Colorectal Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisDeborah A Kennedy
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X8 Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3M2
J Cancer Epidemiol 2012:952508. 2012..Conclusion. These results suggest that the 677TT genotype is associated with a reduced risk of developing CRC, under conditions of high total folate intake, and this associated risk remains reduced for both MTHFR 677 CC and TT genotypes...
- Herbal medicine use in pregnancy: results of a multinational studyDeborah A Kennedy
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, M5G 1X8 Ontario, Canada
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:355. 2013..The use of complementary and alternative medicines (CAM) is growing in the general population. Herbal medicines are used in all countries of the world and are included in the top CAM therapies used...
- An in vivo analysis of the herbal compound essiacBlair J N Leonard
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Anticancer Res 26:3057-63. 2006..Despite its relatively widespread use, there are no peer-reviewed published reports of in vivo studies regarding the use of this compound...
- Clinically based evidence of drug-herb interactions: a systematic reviewDeborah A Kennedy
Department of Research and Clinical Epidemiology, The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, 1255 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, ON M2K 1E2, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:79-124. 2010..Better knowledge in this area will help avoid negative interactions and may also help enable synergistic interactions...