B W Brooks
Affiliation: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Structural characterization and serological specificities of lipopolysaccharides from Salmonella enterica serovar Gallinarum biovar Pullorum standard, intermediate and variant antigenic type strainsB W Brooks
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2H 8P9
Vet Microbiol 126:334-44. 2008..Several of the anti-LPS O-PS Mabs were specific for S. Pullorum and other serogroup D1 Salmonella, and are potentially useful for the development of improved diagnostic tests for these organisms...
- Identification and serological specificity of a polysaccharide component from Mycoplasma bovisB W Brooks
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, PO Box 11300, Station H, Nepean, Ontario, Canada, K2H 8P9
Vet Res Commun 28:197-208. 2004..Strong reactions were observed with the MAbs and M. bovis colonies in immunofluorescence. The M. boris polysaccharide and MAbs to this component may be useful for the development of diagnostic assays for this organism...
- Evaluation of a monoclonal antibody-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of Campylobacter fetus in bovine preputial washing and vaginal mucus samplesB W Brooks
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Nepean, Ontario, Canada K2H 8P9
Vet Microbiol 103:77-84. 2004..The results indicate that this ELISA is useful as a screening test for the detection of C. fetus in diagnostic samples...
- Monoclonal antibodies specific for Campylobacter fetus lipopolysaccharidesB W Brooks
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Centre for Plant Quarantine Pests, P O Box 11300, Station H, Ont, K2H 8P9, Nepean, Canada
Vet Microbiol 87:37-49. 2002..These anti-LPS core oligosaccharide and anti-LPS O chain mAbs are highly specific for C. fetus and are potentially useful as immunodiagnostic reagents for detection, identification and characterization of C. fetus...
- Identification, characterization, and variation in expression of two serologically distinct O-antigen epitopes in lipopolysaccharides of Campylobacter fetus serotype A strainsB W Brooks
Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Nepean, Ontario, Canada K2H 8P9
Infect Immun 69:7596-602. 2001..fetus serotype A strains recovered from experimentally infected heifers. There was minimal variation in expression of the two epitopes in successive subcultures of three C. fetus serotype A strains...
- Survival of avian influenza and Newcastle disease viruses in compost and at ambient temperatures based on virus isolation and real-time reverse transcriptase PCRJ Guan
Ottawa Laboratory, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Avian Dis 53:26-33. 2009..This study provided evidence that microbial activity during composting contributed to the rapid killing of AI and ND viruses and to the degradation of their viral RNA...
- Chromatographic purification and characterization of antigens A and D from Mycobacterium paratuberculosis and their use in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for diagnosis of paratuberculosis in sheepE A Sugden
Agriculture Canada, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Nepean, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 29:1659-64. 1991..Combined ELISA results showed increased specificity with some loss in sensitivity...
- Degradation of foot-and-mouth disease virus during composting of infected pig carcassesJ Guan
Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 74:40-4. 2010..Results from this study provide evidence that composting could be used for safe disposal of pig carcasses infected with FMD virus...
- Electrophoretic and immunoblot analysis of Campylobacter fetus lipopolysaccharidesB W Brooks
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Vet Microbiol 51:105-14. 1996..One strain had core components but no detectable O-antigens. Common core LPS antigens appear to be present in all strains and antibodies to common core LPS epitopes may be useful reagents for rapid detection of C. fetus...
- Evaluation of the serological response of sheep in one flock to Mycobacterium paratuberculosis by crossed immunoelectrophoresisB W Brooks
Agriculture Canada, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Nepean, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 52:199-204. 1988..A development time for crossed immunoelectrophoresis of 24-72 hours after electrophoresis was required to achieve correlation with agar gel immunodiffusion...
- Infectious bursal disease virus as a surrogate for studies on survival of various poultry viruses in compostJ Guan
Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2H 8P9
Avian Dis 54:919-22. 2010....
- Evaluation of culture enrichment procedures for use with Salmonella detection immunoassayH Huang
Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Nepean, Ontario
Int J Food Microbiol 51:85-94. 1999....
- Development of methods for detection and quantification of avian influenza and Newcastle disease viruses in compost by real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction and virus isolationJ Guan
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Nepean, Ontario, Canada, K2H 8P9
Poult Sci 87:838-43. 2008..The results suggested that the RRT-PCR method may be used as an alternative to the virus isolation method for rapid detection and accurate quantification of AIV and NDV in compost...
- Mycobacterium paratuberculosis antigen D: characterization and evidence that it is a bacterioferritinB W Brooks
Agriculture Canada, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Nepean, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 29:1652-8. 1991..Structural detail revealed by electron microscopy, amino acid sequence data, and the demonstration of a Soret band in its absorption spectrum indicated that antigen D was similar to an Escherichia coli bacterioferritin...
- In vitro study of Salmonella enteritidis and Salmonella typhimurium definitive type 104: survival in egg albumen and penetration through the vitelline membraneJ Guan
Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Nepean K2H 8P9, Canada
Poult Sci 85:1678-81. 2006..before oviposition. However, depending on storage conditions following oviposition, S. enteritidis, as well as S. typhimurium DT104, could survive longer and may eventually invade the egg yolks...