Roger F Butterworth
- Butterworth R, Norenberg M, Felipo V, Ferenci P, Albrecht J, Blei A. Experimental models of hepatic encephalopathy: ISHEN guidelines. Liver Int. 2009;29:783-8 pubmed publisher..More attention could be paid in the future to in vitro models involving the neurovascular unit, microglia and neuronal co-cultures in relation to HE pathogenesis. ..
- Butterworth R. Reprint of: Neuroinflammation in acute liver failure: mechanisms and novel therapeutic targets. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:715-22 pubmed..Translation of these findings to the clinic has the potential to provide rational targeted approaches to the prevention and treatment of these complications in the near future. ..
- Butterworth R. The concept of "the inflamed brain" in acute liver failure: mechanisms and new therapeutic opportunities. Metab Brain Dis. 2016;31:1283-1287 pubmed....
- Butterworth R. Pathogenesis of hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhosis: the concept of synergism revisited. Metab Brain Dis. 2016;31:1211-1215 pubmed....
- Butterworth R. Thiamine deficiency-related brain dysfunction in chronic liver failure. Metab Brain Dis. 2009;24:189-96 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the need for prompt, effective thiamine supplementation in all patients with chronic liver failure. ..
- Butterworth R. Hepatic encephalopathy: a central neuroinflammatory disorder?. Hepatology. 2011;53:1372-6 pubmed publisher..The prevention of central proinflammatory processes will undoubtedly herald a new chapter in the development of agents for the prevention and treatment of the central nervous system complications of liver failure. ..
- Butterworth R. Neuroinflammation in acute liver failure: mechanisms and novel therapeutic targets. Neurochem Int. 2011;59:830-6 pubmed publisher