Sébastien M C Buczinski
- Dore V, Dubuc J, Belanger A, Buczinski S. Definition of prepartum hyperketonemia in dairy goats. J Dairy Sci. 2015;98:4535-43 pubmed publisher..These results showed that prepartum hyperketonemia could be defined in dairy goats using subsequent risks of PT or mortality during the last month of pregnancy. ..
- Tharwat M, Al Sobayil F, Buczinski S. Influence of racing on the serum concentrations of acute-phase proteins and bone metabolism biomarkers in racing greyhounds. Vet J. 2014;202:372-7 pubmed publisher..Increased serum b-ALP post-race probably indicates a change in bone metabolism and deserves further study. ..
- Buczinski S, O Connor A. Specific Challenges in Conducting and Reporting Studies on the Diagnostic Accuracy of Ultrasonography in Bovine Medicine. Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract. 2016;32:1-18 pubmed publisher..Examples of application of sensitivity and specificity results in a clinical context are given using the Bayes theorem. ..
- Buczinski S, Vandeweerd J. Diagnostic accuracy of refractometry for assessing bovine colostrum quality: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:7381-7394 pubmed publisher..When sample results are between these 2 values, colostrum supplementation should be considered. ..
- Timsit E, Dendukuri N, Schiller I, Buczinski S. Diagnostic accuracy of clinical illness for bovine respiratory disease (BRD) diagnosis in beef cattle placed in feedlots: A systematic literature review and hierarchical Bayesian latent-class meta-analysis. Prev Vet Med. 2016;135:67-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CI appeared to have poor Se but high Sp for BRD diagnosis in feedlots. Furthermore, considerable heterogeneity among studies highlighted an urgent need to standardize BRD diagnosis in feedlots. ..
- Buczinski S, Borris M, Dubuc J. Herd-level prevalence of the ultrasonographic lung lesions associated with bovine respiratory disease and related environmental risk factors. J Dairy Sci. 2018;101:2423-2432 pubmed publisher..Based on the observed CONSTUS prevalence ranges in the present study (herds in the lower prevalence quartile), an achievable goal of none of 12 calves with consolidation ?3 cm can potentially be used to define a low-BRD risk herd. ..
- Buczinski S, Bélanger A, Francoz D. Ultrasonographic appearance of lymphomatous infiltration of the abomasum in cows with lymphoma. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2011;238:1044-7 pubmed publisher..4 adult Holstein dairy cows were examined for anorexia and decreased milk production...