Affiliation: British Columbia
- Ki67 in breast cancer: prognostic and predictive potentialRinat Yerushalmi
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lancet Oncol 11:174-83. 2010....
- Is breast-conserving therapy a safe option for patients with tumor multicentricity and multifocality?R Yerushalmi
Department of Medical Oncology, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Ann Oncol 23:876-81. 2012..We compared outcomes after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) and mastectomy in multicentric (MC)/multifocal (MF) versus unifocal breast cancer...
- Tumor markers in metastatic breast cancer subtypes: frequency of elevation and correlation with outcomeR Yerushalmi
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Cancer Center, Vancouver, Canada
Ann Oncol 23:338-45. 2012..Little is known about the correlations between tumor markers (TMs), breast cancer subtypes, site(s) of metastasis and prognosis...
- Patterns of relapse in breast cancer: changes over timeRinat Yerushalmi
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4E6, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:753-9. 2010..Understanding patterns of relapse may help design new adjuvant strategies...
- A phase II trial of a neoadjuvant platinum regimen for locally advanced breast cancer: pathologic response, long-term follow-up, and correlation with biomarkersRinat Yerushalmi
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E6
Clin Breast Cancer 9:166-72. 2009....
- Breast carcinoma--rare types: review of the literatureR Yerushalmi
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Ann Oncol 20:1763-70. 2009..This may also stand as a clinical framework for a future understanding of these rarer breast cancers when gene analysis work is reported...
- Decline in pulmonary function in patients with breast cancer receiving dose-dense chemotherapy: a prospective studyR Yerushalmi
Institute of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann Oncol 20:437-40. 2009..Prompted by complaints of dyspnea in breast cancer patients receiving adjuvant dose-dense chemotherapy (DDC), we sought to evaluate the possible association of DDC with pulmonary dysfunction...
- Does multicentric/multifocal breast cancer differ from unifocal breast cancer? An analysis of survival and contralateral breast cancer incidenceRinat Yerushalmi
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
Breast Cancer Res Treat 117:365-70. 2009..174 (95% CI 1,004, 1.372). Conclusions M/M breast cancer did not increase the risk of metachronous CBC, but was associated with inferior BCSS...
- Tailoring neoadjuvant chemotherapy for locally advanced breast cancer: a historical prospective studyAlona Zer
Institute of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel alonaz clalit org il
Chemotherapy 58:95-101. 2012..Despite the growing number of clinical trials assessing preoperative systemic chemotherapy (PST) for locally advanced breast cancer, the optimal regimen has still to be defined...
- Daily low-dose/continuous capecitabine combined with neo-adjuvant irradiation reduces VEGF and PDGF-BB levels in rectal carcinoma patientsDavid Loven
Institute of Oncology, Ha Emek Medical Center, Afula 18101, Israel
Acta Oncol 47:104-9. 2008..Metronomic low-dose chemotherapy regimen was found to have an antiangiogenic effect in tumors. However, its effect on levels of circulating pro-angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors is not fully explored...
- Chemotherapy-induced ovarian failure as a prototype for acute vascular toxicityIrit Ben-Aharon
Institute of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Oncologist 17:1386-93. 2012..Studies in mice revealed that chemotherapy-induced gonadal toxicity may result from vascular damage. We prospectively evaluated ovarian blood flow and function in young breast cancer patients following chemotherapy...
- A case-match study comparing unilateral with synchronous bilateral breast cancer outcomesAlan M Nichol
British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Clin Oncol 29:4763-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether survival outcomes for patients with SBBC can be estimated from the characteristics of their individual cancers...
- Insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF-1R) in breast cancer subtypesRinat Yerushalmi
Division of Medical Oncology, BC Cancer Agency, Cancer Agency, 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:131-42. 2012..Results may have relevance to the development of therapeutics targeting IGF-1R...
- Metastatic behavior of breast cancer subtypesHagen Kennecke
Vancouver Clinic, Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:3271-7. 2010..Prognostic and predictive factors are well established in early-stage breast cancer, but less is known about which metastatic sites will be affected...
- Bisphosphonates in the adjuvant setting of breast cancer therapy-effect on survival: a systematic review and meta-analysisIrit Ben-Aharon
Institute of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tiqva, Israel Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e70044. 2013..The role of bisphosphonates (BP) in early breast cancer (BC) has been considered controversial. We performed a meta-analysis of all randomized controlled trials (RCTs) that appraised the effects of BP on survival in early BC...
- Different schedules of granulocyte growth factor support for patients with breast cancer receiving adjuvant dose-dense chemotherapy: a prospective nonrandomized studyDaniel Hendler
Institute of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva, Israel
Am J Clin Oncol 34:619-24. 2011....
- Chemotherapy for oestrogen-receptor-negative breast cancerRinat Yerushalmi
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
Lancet 371:4-5. 2008
- Preoperative chemoradiation in rectal cancer: Retrospective comparison between capecitabine and continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracilRinat Yerushalmi
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Surg Oncol 93:529-33. 2006..We compared the efficacy and toxicity of oral capecitabine and continuous infusion of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in the preoperative chemoradiation treatment of patients with rectal cancer...
- Phase II study of concurrent capecitabine and external beam radiotherapy for pain control of bone metastases of breast cancer originYulia Kundel
Institue of Oncology, Davidoff Cancer Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petach Tikva, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e68327. 2013....
- Olaparib in patients with recurrent high-grade serous or poorly differentiated ovarian carcinoma or triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2, multicentre, open-label, non-randomised studyKaren A Gelmon
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Lancet Oncol 12:852-61. 2011..We aimed to assess the safety and tolerability of this drug in patients without BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations with advanced triple-negative breast cancer or high-grade serous and/or undifferentiated ovarian cancer...
- Hypersensitivity reaction to cisplatin during chemoradiation therapy for gynecologic malignancyClaude Koren
Institute of Oncology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Clin Oncol 25:625-6. 2002..Clinicians should be aware of this potential side effect so that early premedication regimens can be instituted to prevent unnecessary toxicity...
- Treatment of neuroblastoma using the fused imaging guided radiotherapy (FIGURA) systemEyal Fenig
Institute of Oncology, Radiation Therapy Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Clin Nucl Med 31:256-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to describe our department's experience with the fused imaging-guided radiotherapy (FIGURA) system for planning radiation treatment of high-risk neuroblastoma...
- Basic fibroblast growth factor mediated growth inhibition in breast cancer cells is independent of ras signaling pathwayEyal Fenig
Institute of Oncology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva 49100, Israel
Oncol Rep 9:875-7. 2002..Understanding these pathways may enable active intervention to alter the therapeutic ratio favorably in the treatment of breast cancer...