Spencer K Watson
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Large fragment Bst DNA polymerase for whole genome amplification of DNA from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissuesSarit Aviel-Ronen
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, 200 Elisabeth Street, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4, Canada
BMC Genomics 7:312. 2006..To date, MDA has been feasible only for genomic DNA isolated from fresh or snap-frozen tissue, and yields a representational distortion of less than threefold...
- Methods for high throughput validation of amplified fragment pools of BAC DNA for constructing high resolution CGH arraysSpencer K Watson
Department of Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, BC Cancer Agency, 601 W, 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L3 Canada
BMC Genomics 5:6. 2004..The AFP sequencing technique described in this study is a novel method designed to verify the identity of array spotting solution in a high throughput manner...
- Cytogenetically balanced translocations are associated with focal copy number alterationsSpencer K Watson
Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hum Genet 120:795-805. 2007..Our results reveal that imperfectly balanced translocations in tumor genomes are a phenomenon that occurs at frequencies much higher than previously demonstrated...
- Minimum altered regions in early prostate cancer progression identified by high resolution whole genome tiling path BAC array comparative hybridizationSpencer K Watson
Department of Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Prostate 69:961-75. 2009..Carcinoma of the prostate (CaP) is a serious health problem. The altered molecular mechanisms that lead to this disease are poorly understood...
- A tiling resolution DNA microarray with complete coverage of the human genomeAdrian S Ishkanian
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, 601 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1L3, Canada
Nat Genet 36:299-303. 2004..Our submegabase resolution tiling set for array CGH (SMRT array) allows comprehensive assessment of genomic integrity and thereby the identification of new genes associated with disease...
- Skewed X-chromosome inactivation is associated with primary but not secondary ovarian failureKarla L Bretherick
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 143:945-51. 2007..X-chromosome abnormalities undetectable by array, or reduced follicular pool due to an early trisomic rescue event, may explain the skewed XCI observed in POF patients presenting with primary amenorrhea...
- An integrated mBAND and submegabase resolution tiling set (SMRT) CGH array analysis of focal amplification, microdeletions, and ladder structures consistent with breakage-fusion-bridge cycle events in osteosarcomaGloria Lim
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:392-403. 2005..In summary, this study has provided further support for the role of the BFB mechanism and fragile sites in facilitating gene amplification and chromosomal rearrangement in OS...