K J Savage
Affiliation: British Columbia
- The molecular signature of mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma differs from that of other diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and shares features with classical Hodgkin lymphomaKerry J Savage
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 102:3871-9. 2003..In almost all cases, c-REL was localized to the nucleus, consistent with activation of the NF-kappa B pathway. These studies identify a molecular link between MLBCL and cHL and a shared survival pathway...
- Characterization of peripheral T-cell lymphomas in a single North American institution by the WHO classificationK J Savage
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ann Oncol 15:1467-75. 2004....
- Peripheral T-cell lymphomasKerry J Savage
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Blood Rev 21:201-16. 2007..Future clinical trials are needed that focus specifically on PTCL to advance our understanding and define the optimal management in this disease...
- Therapies for peripheral T-cell lymphomasKerry J Savage
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:515-24. 2011....
- ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma is clinically and immunophenotypically different from both ALK+ ALCL and peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified: report from the International Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma ProjectKerry J Savage
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 111:5496-504. 2008..Although the prognosis of ALK(-) ALCL appears to be better than that for PTCL-NOS, it is still unsatisfactory and better therapies are needed. Primary cutaneous ALCL is associated with an indolent course...
- MYC gene rearrangements are associated with a poor prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients treated with R-CHOP chemotherapyKerry J Savage
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z4E6
Blood 114:3533-7. 2009..In the R-CHOP treatment era, MYC+ DLBCLs have an inferior prognosis. Treatment regimens similar to those used in Burkitt lymphoma may be more appropriate in this patient population and need to be prospectively tested...
- Primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphomaKerry J Savage
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Oncologist 11:488-95. 2006..Clinical trials exploring these questions in addition to the benefit of consolidative radiotherapy are necessary to definitively answer these questions...
- Favorable outcome of primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma in a single institution: the British Columbia experienceK J Savage
University of British Columbia and the British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ann Oncol 17:123-30. 2006..The optimal treatment is unknown, with some studies suggesting a superior outcome with dose-intensive chemotherapy regimens, and the role of radiotherapy remains ill-defined...
- Treating limited-stage nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma similarly to classical Hodgkin lymphoma with ABVD may improve outcomeKerry J Savage
Department of Medical Oncology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 118:4585-90. 2011..0024), and OS (93% vs 84%, P = .074) favored the ABVD treatment era compared with the RT alone era. Treating limited-stage NLPHL similarly to CHL may improve outcome compared with the use of radiation alone...
- Molecular signatures of lymphomaKerry J Savage
Division of aMedical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Hematol 80:401-9. 2004..In this review, we have endeavored to include data from multiple investigator groups and tried to cover the breadth of lymphoid tumors, excluding acute and chronic leukemias...
- Update: peripheral T-cell lymphomasKerry J Savage
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 6:222-30. 2011..The International Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma Project was a large collaborative effort to provide a broader understanding of prognosis. Recently, several new therapies have shown promise in the treatment of PTCLs...
- Incidence and risk factors for central nervous system relapse in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: the impact of the addition of rituximab to CHOP chemotherapyD Villa
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ann Oncol 21:1046-52. 2010..We evaluated the risk of central nervous system (CNS) relapse in the R-CHOP in a population-based cohort of patients with DLBCL...
- Lymphomas with concurrent BCL2 and MYC translocations: the critical factors associated with survivalNathalie A Johnson
Department of Pathology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 114:2273-9. 2009..A comprehensive cytogenetic analysis of BCL2 and MYC status on all aggressive lymphomas may identify a group of high-risk patients who may benefit from chemotherapeutic regimens that include rituximab and/or BCL2-targeted therapy...
- Transformation to aggressive lymphoma in nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin's lymphomaMubarak Al-Mansour
MSc, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4E6
J Clin Oncol 28:793-9. 2010..Because transformation can occur years after the primary diagnosis of NLPHL, long-term follow-up of these individuals is necessary to accurately estimate the risk of development of secondary DLBCL...
- Involved-nodal radiation therapy as a component of combination therapy for limited-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: a question of field sizeBelinda A Campbell
Department of Radiation Oncology, Pathology, and Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:5170-4. 2008..Recent publications recommend a further reduction to involved-nodal radiation therapy (INRT), however, this has not been clinically validated...
- The revised International Prognostic Index (R-IPI) is a better predictor of outcome than the standard IPI for patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOPLaurie H Sehn
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 109:1857-61. 2007..In the era of R-CHOP treatment, the R-IPI is a clinically useful prognostic index that may help guide treatment planning and interpretation of clinical trials...
- Population-based analysis of incidence and outcome of transformed non-Hodgkin's lymphomaAbdulwahab J Al-Tourah
Division of Medical Oncology, Fraser Valley and Vancouver Cancer Centers and the Department of Pathology and Biostatistics, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:5165-9. 2008..To assess the incidence and predictive factors for development of transformed lymphoma in a population-based series of patients with follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Primary paranasal sinus lymphoma: natural history and improved outcome with central nervous system chemoprophylaxisJanessa J Laskin
Division of Medical Oncology, University of British Columbia and the British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1721-7. 2005..Treatment with combined modality chemotherapy and irradiation can cure many patients and the addition of intrathecal chemotherapy may reduce the risk of CNS relapse...
- A phase II study of ispinesib (SB-715992) in patients with metastatic or recurrent malignant melanoma: a National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group trialChristopher W Lee
BC Cancer Agency Fraser Valley Centre, 13750 96th Avenue, Surrey, BC, Canada V3V 1Z2
Invest New Drugs 26:249-55. 2008..Although KSP expression appears to be common in melanoma, KSP may not be a suitable target for its treatment...
- Long-term outcomes for patients with limited stage follicular lymphoma: involved regional radiotherapy versus involved node radiotherapyBelinda A Campbell
Department of Radiation Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 116:3797-806. 2010....
- Long-term survival in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with DTIC or temozolomideChristina Kim
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4E6, Canada
Oncologist 15:765-71. 2010..Patients with metastatic melanoma typically have a poor outcome; however, a small proportion of patients achieve long-term survival (LTS). It is unclear how often LTS is related to sensitivity to chemotherapy...
- Novel therapies in peripheral T-cell lymphomasHilary M O'Leary
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Curr Oncol Rep 10:404-11. 2008..The purpose of this review is to focus on these novel agents and the various treatment approaches that are currently being evaluated in PTCLs...
- Frequent occurrence of deletions in primary mediastinal B-cell lymphomaLindsey R Kimm
Department of Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:1090-7. 2007..We conclude that consistent losses are present in the PMBCL genome. Given the similar frequency of losses to that of segmental gains of DNA, they are likely to play an important role in the pathogenesis of PMBCL...
- The spectrum of peripheral T-cell lymphomasHilary O'Leary
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Curr Opin Hematol 16:292-8. 2009....
- Fatal postlymphoma chemotherapy hepatitis B reactivation secondary to the emergence of a YMDD mutant strain with lamivudine resistance in a noncirrhotic patientJoanna K Law
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Hematol 81:969-72. 2006..Our experience indicates the need to carefully monitor patients for suspected drug- resistant HBV mutants with the addition of anti-viral agents effective against the YMDD mutational strain, when lamivudine resistance emerges...
- Update on the World Health Organization classification of peripheral T-cell lymphomasHilary M O'Leary
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6, Canada
Curr Hematol Malig Rep 4:227-35. 2009..This review summarizes the changes in the fourth edition of the WHO classification of lymphoid tumors, with particular focus on the aggressive subtypes...
- Rare B-cell lymphomas: primary mediastinal, intravascular, and primary effusion lymphomaKerry J Savage
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Treat Res 142:243-64. 2008
- Expression of TRAF1 and nuclear c-Rel distinguishes primary mediastinal large cell lymphoma from other types of diffuse large B-cell lymphomaScott J Rodig
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:106-12. 2007..Thus, the combined nuclear localization of c-Rel and the cellular expression of TRAF1 is a highly specific (specificity=98%) means to distinguish PMLBCL from DLBCL that is readily applicable to routine surgical pathology practice...
- NFkappaB activity, function, and target-gene signatures in primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma subtypesFriedrich Feuerhake
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 106:1392-9. 2005..In this large series of primary MLBCLs and DLBCLs, NFkappaB activation was not associated with amplification of the cREL locus, suggesting alternative pathogenetic mechanisms...
- TRAF1 expression and c-Rel activation are useful adjuncts in distinguishing classical Hodgkin lymphoma from a subset of morphologically or immunophenotypically similar lymphomasScott J Rodig
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:196-203. 2005....
- Cytogenetic abnormalities and clinical correlations in peripheral T-cell lymphomaMarilu Nelson
Human Genetics Laboratories, Munroe Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5440, USA
Br J Haematol 141:461-9. 2008..Although, genetic differences were noted in these subtypes, further studies are needed to determine the key pathogenetic events in PTCL...
- Phase II study of enzastaurin, a protein kinase C beta inhibitor, in patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphomaMichael J Robertson
Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1741-6. 2007..We conducted a multicenter phase II study of a potent inhibitor of PKCbeta, enzastaurin, in patients with relapsed or refractory DLBCL...
- Molecular profiling of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma identifies robust subtypes including one characterized by host inflammatory responseStefano Monti
The Broad Institute, Cambridge, MA, USA
Blood 105:1851-61. 2005..These studies identify tumor microenvironment and host inflammatory response as defining features in DLBCL and suggest rational treatment targets in specific DLBCL subsets...