Gina S Ogilvie
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Population-based evaluation of type-specific HPV prevalence among women in British Columbia, CanadaG S Ogilvie
University of British Columbia, British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Provincial Health Services Authority Laboratories, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Cervical Cancer Screening Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada Electronic address
Vaccine 31:1129-33. 2013..As part of the HPV vaccine program evaluation, we determined the type-specific HPV prevalence in a population-based sample of women presenting for routine cervical cancer screening in the province...
- Primary cervical cancer screening with HPV testing compared with liquid-based cytology: results of round 1 of a randomised controlled trial -- the HPV FOCAL StudyG S Ogilvie
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver V5Z 4R4, British Columbia, Canada
Br J Cancer 107:1917-24. 2012..Round 1 data of human papillomavirus (HPV) FOCAL, a three-arm, randomised trial, which aims to establish the efficacy of HPV DNA testing as a primary screen for cervical cancer, are presented...
- A population-based evaluation of a publicly funded, school-based HPV vaccine program in British Columbia, Canada: parental factors associated with HPV vaccine receiptGina Ogilvie
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS Med 7:e1000270. 2010..We report on the level of uptake of the first dose of the HPV vaccine, and determine parental factors associated with receipt of the HPV vaccine, in a publicly funded school-based HPV vaccine program in British Columbia, Canada...
- A randomized controlled trial of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) testing for cervical cancer screening: trial design and preliminary results (HPV FOCAL Trial)Gina S Ogilvie
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Cancer 10:111. 2010....
- A population-based study of infectious syphilis rediagnosis in British Columbia, 1995-2005Gina S Ogilvie
Dept of Family Practice, Div of STI HIV Prevention and Control, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Clin Infect Dis 48:1554-8. 2009..In this study, we sought to characterize individuals who received a diagnosis of syphilis more than once in a cohort of reported cases from 1995 through 2005 in British Columbia...
- Self-collection of genital human papillomavirus specimens in heterosexual menG S Ogilvie
Division of STI HIV Prevention and Control, British Columbia, Centre for Disease Control, University of British Columbia, 655 West 12 Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4R4, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 85:221-5. 2009..We assessed the accuracy of self-collected human papillomavirus (HPV) specimens in men compared with clinician-collected specimens from men in British Columbia and determined the prevalence of HPV subtypes at different male genital sites...
- Seeking sexual partners on the internet: a marker for risky sexual behaviour in men who have sex with menGina S Ogilvie
Division of STI and HIV Prevention and Control, British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 99:185-8. 2008....
- Intention of parents to have male children vaccinated with the human papillomavirus vaccineG S Ogilvie
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, 655 West 12 Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4R4 Canada
Sex Transm Infect 84:318-23. 2008..The goal of this study was to ascertain parental intentions to vaccinate their sons with an HPV vaccine and to determine factors that predict this intention...
- Parental intention to have daughters receive the human papillomavirus vaccineGina S Ogilvie
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 177:1506-12. 2007..We determined intentions regarding vaccination among Canadian parents and factors that predicted parental intention to have their daughters vaccinated against HPV...
- Feasibility of self-collection of specimens for human papillomavirus testing in hard-to-reach womenGina Ogilvie
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 177:480-3. 2007..05). This difference suggests that self-collection of specimens for HPV testing is a feasible method to reach women who have not previously participated in cervical cancer screening programs...
- Fertility intentions of women of reproductive age living with HIV in British Columbia, CanadaGina S Ogilvie
BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, Canada
AIDS 21:S83-8. 2007..We undertook a study to examine the fertility intentions and reproductive health issues of women living with HIV in a broad-based sample in British Columbia, Canada...
- Diagnostic accuracy of self collected vaginal specimens for human papillomavirus compared to clinician collected human papillomavirus specimens: a meta-analysisG S Ogilvie
Department of Family Practice, STD AIDS Control, University of British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4R4
Sex Transm Infect 81:207-12. 2005....
- Incorporating a social networking approach to enhance contact tracing in a heterosexual outbreak of syphilisG Ogilvie
STD AIDS Control, BCCDC, 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4R4, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 81:124-7. 2005..This report describes the outcomes of a social networking approach (SNA) in a heterosexually transmitted syphilis epidemic by street nurses in British Columbia, Canada...
- Access to colposcopy services for high-risk Canadian women: can we do better?Gina S Ogilvie
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Can J Public Health 95:346-51. 2004..In this paper, we present an evaluation of a colposcopy program developed to improve attendance for colposcopy in a lower socio-economic and immigrant population...
- Prevalence of human papillomavirus 16 and 18 neutralizing antibodies in prenatal women in British ColumbiaMel Krajden
BC Centre for Disease Control, 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R4, Canada
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1840-3. 2009..HPV 16 and 18 NAbs were detected in 183/1,020 (17.9%) and 97/1,020 (9.5%), respectively, and 39 (3.8%) had NAbs to both types. Titers were similar across age strata...
- Lactic acidemia in human immunodeficiency virus-uninfected infants exposed to perinatal antiretroviral therapyAriane Alimenti
University of Vritish Columbia, Children s and Women s Health Centre of BC, Oak Tree Clinic, B4 West, 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3N1, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:782-9. 2003..To investigate potential mitochondrial toxicity in HIV-uninfected infants exposed to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in utero and/or neonatal zidovudine...