James D Livingston
Affiliation: British Columbia
- A follow-up study of persons found not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder in British ColumbiaJames D Livingston
Research Department, Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital, 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 5X9
Can J Psychiatry 48:408-15. 2003....
- A narrative review of the effectiveness of aggression management training programs for psychiatric hospital staffJames D Livingston
School of Criminology, Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada
J Forensic Nurs 6:15-28. 2010..Mental healthcare organizations must look beyond staff training if they are to achieve meaningful reductions in aggressive incidents and staff injuries...
- Correlates and consequences of internalized stigma for people living with mental illness: a systematic review and meta-analysisJames D Livingston
Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, BC Mental Health and Addiction Services, British Columbia, Canada
Soc Sci Med 71:2150-61. 2010..The study also highlights the need for greater attention on disentangling the true nature of the relationship between internalized stigma and other psychosocial variables...
- The impact of realigning a tertiary psychiatric hospital in British Columbia on other institutional sectorsJames D Livingston
Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, 70 Colony Farm Rd, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia V3C 5X9, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 62:200-5. 2011....
- 'Forensic' labelling: an empirical assessment of its effects on self-stigma for people with severe mental illnessJames D Livingston
BC Mental Health and Addiction Services, Provincial Health Services Authority, British Columbia, Canada
Psychiatry Res 188:115-22. 2011..Together, these findings reveal some of the strengths and weaknesses that are associated with organizing forensic mental health services using a specialized service delivery model...
- The effectiveness of interventions for reducing stigma related to substance use disorders: a systematic reviewJames D Livingston
Forensic Psychiatric Services Commission, BC Mental Health and Addiction Services, Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Addiction 107:39-50. 2012..This study provides a systematic review of existing research that has empirically evaluated interventions designed to reduce stigma related to substance use disorders...
- A statistical survey of Canadian forensic mental health inpatient programsJames D Livingston
School of Criminology, Simon Fraser University, BC
Healthc Q 9:56-61. 2006..The results of the present study confirm that interprovincial differences in the structure and organization of FMH inpatient programs exist in Canada...
- Persons found 'not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder': a comparison of British Columbia, Canada and Hunan, ChinaXiaoping Wang
Mental Health Institute of the 2nd Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Forensic Sci Int 164:93-7. 2006..The Chinese cohort had higher levels of murder and attempted murder index offences. Differences between the two cohorts can be explained in terms of legislative and cultural differences...