Thomas M Lampinen
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Nitrite inhalant use among young gay and bisexual men in Vancouver during a period of increasing HIV incidenceThomas M Lampinen
Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Public Health 7:35. 2007..However, few studies in recent years have characterized use. From 1999 to 2004, new HIV diagnoses among MSM in British Columbia increased 78%, prompting us to examine the prevalence and correlates of this modifiable HIV risk factor...
- HIV infection and human herpesvirus-8 oral shedding among men who have sex with menCorey Casper
Department of Medicine, The University of Washington, Seattle 98122, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:233-8. 2004..8, 95% CI 1.0-22.8, P = 0.05), or with detectable oral leukocyte esterase (odds ratio 5.0, 95% CI 2.0-12.5, P < 0.01). CD4 count, antiretroviral therapy, and oral inflammation may influence HHV-8 oropharyngeal shedding...
- Increased risk of "club" drug use among gay and bisexual high school students in British ColumbiaThomas M Lampinen
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Adolesc Health 38:458-61. 2006..28), ecstasy (OR = 3.29), and ketamine (OR = 8.26) among the 2.5% of 590 students, mostly girls, who self-identified as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Targeted research and interventions may be warranted...
- Sexual risk behaviour of Canadian participants in the first efficacy trial of a preventive HIV-1 vaccineThomas M Lampinen
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, BC
CMAJ 172:479-83. 2005..We evaluated the sexual behaviour of Canadian men who have sex with men (MSM) who participated in the phase III Vax004 trial of an HIV-1 vaccine...
- Incidence of and risk factors for sexual orientation-related physical assault among young men who have sex with menThomas M Lampinen
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Public Health 98:1028-35. 2008..We sought to determine incidence of, prevalence of, and risk factors for sexual orientation-related physical assault in young men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Crystal methamphetamine and ecstasy differ in relation to unsafe sex among young gay menArn J Schilder
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 96:340-3. 2005..CONCLUSION: Crystal and ecstasy are used in the same social venues but differ markedly in relation to sexual risk behaviour...
- Unprotected anal intercourse associated with recreational drug use among young men who have sex with men depends on partner type and intercourse roleMelanie Rusch
University of British Columbia, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, and the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 31:492-8. 2004..CONCLUSION: Type of drug use measure, partner, and role are important determinants of the association of specific substances and UAI...
- Similar sexual behaviors with casual partners among gay men with and without a regular partnerLaura M Kuyper
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, St. Paul's Hospital, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 32:203-5. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: In our cohort, young gay men in a relationship do not appear less likely to engage in risky sex with casual partners than men with casual partners only...
- Illustrated instructions for self-collection of anorectal swab specimens and their adequacy for cytological examinationThomas M Lampinen
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 33:386-8. 2006..However, pictorial guides for self-collection were not previously available...
- Methamphetamine use among marginalized youth in British ColumbiaIan Martin
Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 97:320-4. 2006..The objective of this study is to assess the prevalence and characteristics of MA use among two marginalized populations of youth (less than 30 years of age) in British Columbia...
- High prevalence of smoking among urban-dwelling Canadian men who have sex with menThomas M Lampinen
Division of Epidemiology and Population Health, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Urban Health 83:1143-50. 2006..The design of effective prevention and cessation programs for MSM will require identification of the age-dependent determinants of smoking initiation, persistence, and attempts to quit...
- Sexual risk profile of young men in Vancouver, British Columbia, who have sex with men and inject drugsThomas M Lampinen
The Vanguard Project: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver, Canada
AIDS Behav 8:17-23. 2004..Controlled assessments are needed to identify optimal sexual risk reduction strategies for MSM/IDU...
- Workplace-based work disability prevention interventions for workers with common mental health conditions: a review of the literatureGeorgia Pomaki
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
J Occup Rehabil 22:182-95. 2012..Primary outcomes of interest were work absence duration and work functioning; secondary outcomes were quality of life, and economic costs...
- Self-screening for rectal sexually transmitted infections: human papillomavirusThomas M Lampinen
Clin Infect Dis 42:308-9. 2006
- Sustained increase in HIV-1 incidence since 2000 among men who have sex with men in British Columbia, CanadaThomas M Lampinen
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:242-4. 2005
- Initiation of methamphetamine abuse during interferon treatmentThomas M Lampinen
Am J Psychiatry 164:1439. 2007