Affiliation: British Columbia
- Template-based breast IMRT planning for increased workload efficiencySonia Kim Anh Nguyen
British Columbia Cancer Agency Fraser Valley Centre, Surrey, BC, Canada
Radiat Oncol 8:67. 2013..To be less resource intensive, we developed a template-based breast IMRT technique (TB-IMRT). This study aims to compare resources and dose distribution between TB-IMRT and conventional breast radiation (CBR)...
- A phase II trial of a soy beverage for subjects without clinical disease with rising prostate-specific antigen after radical radiation for prostate cancerWinkle Kwan
B C Cancer Agency Fraser Valley Centre, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V3V 1Z2
Nutr Cancer 62:198-207. 2010..Confirmatory studies are warranted...
- Does HER2 status influence locoregional failure rates in breast cancer patients treated with mastectomy for pT1-2pN0 disease?W Kwan
Radiation Therapy Program, Fraser Valley Centre, British Columbia, Canada
Ann Oncol 21:988-93. 2010..The impact of HER2 overexpression on the locoregional control of breast cancer is controversial...
- Relationship between delay in radiotherapy and biochemical control in prostate cancerWinkle Kwan
Radiation Therapy Program of the B C Cancer Agency, Fraser Valley Centre, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:663-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate whether a delay in radiotherapy is associated with a poorer biochemical control for prostate cancer...
- PSA failure and the risk of death in prostate cancer patients treated with radiotherapyWinkle Kwan
Radiation Therapy Program, Fraser Valley Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1040-6. 2004..To determine the relationship between prostate-specific antigen (PSA) failure and cause-specific and overall survival in prostate cancer patients treated with radical radiotherapy...
- Radiotherapy for locally advanced basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas of the skinWinkle Kwan
Radiation Therapy Program, Fraser Valley Centre, B C Cancer Agency, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:406-11. 2004..To determine the outcomes of patients with locally advanced basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas of the skin treated with radiotherapy...
- Chronic arm morbidity after curative breast cancer treatment: prevalence and impact on quality of lifeWinkle Kwan
Radiation Therapy Program, Surgical Oncology Program, and Breast Cancer Outcomes Unit of the British Columbia Cancer Agency Fraser Valley Centre, Surrey, Canada
J Clin Oncol 20:4242-8. 2002..To determine the prevalence of and contributing factors for chronic arm morbidity including lymphedema in breast cancer patients after treatment and to assess the impact of arm morbidity on quality of life (QOL)...
- Population-based study of biochemical and survival outcomes after permanent 125I brachytherapy for low- and intermediate-risk prostate cancerW J Morris
British Columbia Cancer Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Urology 73:860-5; discussion 865-7. 2009..To analyze the biochemical and survival outcomes after permanent low-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy in a large, consecutive, population-based cohort of patients...
- CT slice index and thickness: impact on organ contouring in radiation treatment planning for prostate cancerE Berthelet
Department of Radiation Oncology, BCCA Vancouver Island Centre, 2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria, BC, Canada
J Appl Clin Med Phys 4:365-73. 2003..To assess the impact of CT slice index and thickness (3 mm versus 5 mm) on (i) prostate volume, dimensions, and isocenter coordinates, (ii) bladder and rectal volumes, and (iii) DRR quality, in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- The effect of smoking on outcome following external radiation for localized prostate cancerT Pickles
Radiation Program, Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Clinic, British Columbia, Canada
J Urol 171:1543-6. 2004..We investigated whether a smoking habit affects biochemical and survival outcome after curative external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) for localized prostate cancer...
- Testosterone recovery following prolonged adjuvant androgen ablation for prostate carcinomaTom Pickles
Vancouver Cancer Clinic, BC Cancer Agency, Canada
Cancer 94:362-7. 2002..This study was conducted to describe the rate and completeness of the recovery of testosterone production following prolonged temporary androgen ablative therapy in men with prostate carcinoma undergoing curative radiation therapy...
- In regard to Kupelian et al.: impact of biochemical failure on overall survival after radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer in the PSA era. IJROBP 2002;52:704-711Winkle Kwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:1577-9; author reply 1579. 2002
- Arm morbidity and disability after breast cancer: new directions for careRoanne L Thomas-Maclean
Department of Sociology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Oncol Nurs Forum 35:65-71. 2008..To chart the incidence and course of three types of arm morbidity (lymphedema, pain, and range of motion [ROM] restrictions) in women with breast cancer 6-12 months after surgery and the relationship between arm morbidity and disability...
- Various techniques of contouring the rectum and their impact on rectal dose-volume histogramsMitchell Liu
Radiation Therapy Process Group, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Fraser Valley Centre, Surrey, BC, Canada
Med Dosim 28:189-92. 2003..Reporting rectal toxicities in relations to DVHs using absolute volume, as well as percentage volume, may eliminate inconsistencies secondary to different methods of contouring...
- Hemoglobin levels do not predict biochemical outcome for localized prostate cancer treated with neoadjuvant androgen-suppression therapy and external-beam radiotherapyHoward Huaihan Pai
Radiation Oncology Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Island Centre, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:990-8. 2006..To investigate whether hemoglobin (Hb) levels affect outcome in men with localized prostate adenocarcinoma (LPA) treated with neoadjuvant androgen-suppression therapy (NAST) and external-beam radiotherapy (EBRT)...
- Randomized trial comparing two fractionation schedules for patients with localized prostate cancerHimu Lukka
Radiation Oncology Program, Juravinski Cancer Centre, McMaster University, 699 Concession St, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8V 5C2
J Clin Oncol 23:6132-8. 2005..The optimal radiation dose fractionation schedule for localized prostate cancer is unclear. This study was designed to compare two dose fractionation schemes (a shorter 4-week radiation schedule v a longer 6.5-week schedule)...
- Preliminary reliability and validity testing of a new Skin Toxicity Assessment Tool (STAT) in breast cancer patients undergoing radiotherapyEric Berthelet
Radiation Therapy Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency BCCA Vancouver Island, Canada
Am J Clin Oncol 27:626-31. 2004..The STAT is an easy-to-use, standardized instrument to evaluate acute skin reaction and may be applied to clinical care and research in patients undergoing radiotherapy...
- Impact of neoadjuvant androgen ablation and other factors on late toxicity after external beam prostate radiotherapyMitchell Liu
Fraser Valley Centre, Surrey, BC, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:59-67. 2004..To evaluate the late toxicity profile of prostate cancer patients treated with external beam radiotherapy, to investigate the possible risk factors for late toxicity, and to determine whether neoadjuvant androgen ablation (NAA) is a factor...
- 125I reimplantation in patients with poor initial dosimetry after prostate brachytherapyMira Keyes
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vancouver Cancer Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:40-50. 2004..In this case report, we describe 7 patients with suboptimal dosimetry after (125)I prostate brachytherapy who underwent a second implant procedure to improve the dosimetric coverage of the prostate...
- Increased use of adjuvant regional radiotherapy for node-positive breast cancer in British ColumbiaBoon Chua
Radiation Therapy and Systemic Therapy Programs, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Island Center, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Breast J 10:38-44. 2004..001 for both). Publication of randomized trials and a coordinated guideline implementation process in British Columbia was associated with a significant increase in the use of regional RT in women with one to three positive nodes...
- Urinary incontinence in prostate cancer patients treated with external beam radiotherapyMitchell Liu
Fraser Valley Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 13750 96th Avenue, Surrey, BC, Canada
Radiother Oncol 74:197-201. 2005..To describe the incidence of urinary incontinence among prostate cancer patients treated with external beam radiotherapy (RT) and to investigate associated risk factors...
- Radiotherapy for muscle-invasive urinary bladder cancer in elderly patientsAlexander Agranovich
BC Cancer Agency, Fraser Valley Cancer Centre, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Can J Urol 10:2056-61. 2003..To review retrospectively the outcome and toxicity of Radiotherapy (RT) in the cohort of elderly patients (EP) with muscle-invasive urinary bladder carcinoma (MIUBC)...