Affiliation: British Columbia
- A spermatocytic seminoma with rhabdomyosarcoma transformation and extensive metastasesAndrew Robinson
Division of Medical Oncology, Vancouver Cancer Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Clin Oncol 30:440-1. 2007
- Selected toxicities of targeted therapies: presentation and managementChristian Kollmannsberger
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Cancer Centre, Vancouver BC V5Z 4E6, Canada
Semin Oncol 40:499-510. 2013..This article addresses some of the major toxicities of newer agents in RCC and discusses management strategies. ..
- Pharmacotherapy of relapsed metastatic testicular cancerC Kollmannsberger
British Columbia Cancer Agency University of British Columbia Vancouver Cancer Centre, Division of Medical Oncology, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z4E6, Canada
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:2259-72. 2008..Patients with metastatic testicular cancer exhibit an excellent prognosis. However, the outcome for patients with relapse after cisplatin-based chemotherapy remains unsatisfactory. Several larger studies have been recently published...
- Salvage chemotherapy after failure of first-line chemotherapy in patients with metastatic testicular cancerChristian Kollmannsberger
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia Vancouver Cancer Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 2:167-72. 2008..This review summarizes the existing evidence including several recently published larger studies on the use of high-dose chemotherapy in these patients...
- SunitinibDaniel Y C Heng
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Recent Results Cancer Res 184:71-82. 2010..This chapter will detail the preclinical data leading to the results of the pivotal phase III clinical trials that have led to the widespread use of sunitinib in metastatic RCC and advanced GIST...
- Recent advances in management of patients with platinum-refractory testicular germ cell tumorsChristian Kollmannsberger
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia Vancouver Cancer Center, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4E6, Canada
Cancer 106:1217-26. 2006..This research may eventually allow the development of a noncross-resistant multidrug combination regimen that can be evaluated in an earlier line of therapy...
- Sunitinib in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: recommendations for management of noncardiovascular toxicitiesChristian Kollmannsberger
Division of Medical Oncology, BCCA Vancouver Cancer Centre, University of British Columbia, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6, Canada
Oncologist 16:543-53. 2011..The proactive assessment and consistent and timely management of sunitinib-related side effects are critical to ensure optimal treatment benefit by allowing appropriate drug dosing and prolonged treatment periods...
- A phase II pharmacodynamic study of preoperative figitumumab in patients with localized prostate cancerKim N Chi
Vancouver Prostate Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 18:3407-13. 2012..This study evaluated biologic and clinical effects of figitumumab, a fully human monoclonal IGF-IR antibody, in patients with localized prostate cancer...
- A phase II study of sorafenib in combination with bicalutamide in patients with chemotherapy-naive castration resistant prostate cancerEmma K Beardsley
BC Cancer Agency Vancouver Cancer Centre, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E6
Invest New Drugs 30:1652-9. 2012..The objective of this trial was to evaluate the clinical effects of sorafenib, a multi-targeted kinase inhibitor, in combination with androgen receptor blockade in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer...
- Management of disseminated nonseminomatous germ cell tumors with risk-based chemotherapy followed by response-guided postchemotherapy surgeryChristian Kollmannsberger
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Cancer Centre, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:537-42. 2010..The current study assesses the outcome for a modern, unselected patient population with disseminated testicular cancer with particular emphasis on those achieving a radiographic complete remission to combination chemotherapy...
- The impact of kidney function on the outcome of metastatic renal cell carcinoma patients treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapyRobyn MacFarlane
Department of Medical Oncology, Vancouver Cancer Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 118:365-70. 2012..A study was undertaken to investigate the effect of baseline renal function on treatment outcome in patients treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-targeted therapy for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC)...
- First- and second-line chemotherapy with docetaxel or mitoxantrone in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer: does sequence matter?Jorg Michels
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 106:1041-6. 2006..Therefore, the authors conducted a population-based retrospective study to establish activity and tolerability of second-line docetaxel or mitoxantrone in HRPC...
- Prognostic factors for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted agents: results from a large, multicenter studyDaniel Y C Heng
FRCPC, Department of Medical Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Center, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Oncol 27:5794-9. 2009..There are no robust data on prognostic factors for overall survival (OS) in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) treated with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) -targeted therapy...
- Targeted therapy for advanced renal cell cancer (RCC): a Cochrane systematic review of published randomised trialsChris Coppin
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BJU Int 108:1556-63. 2011..To estimate the effects of drugs with molecular targets on patients with advanced renal cell cancer (RCC)...
- Minimizing treatment without compromising cure with primary surveillance for clinical stage I embryonal predominant nonseminomatous testicular cancer: a population based analysis from British ColumbiaAbdulwahab J Al-Tourah
Vancouver Cancer Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 4E6, Canada
J Urol 174:2209-13, discussion 2213. 2005....
- Operations research methods improve chemotherapy patient appointment schedulingPablo Santibáñez
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 38:541-53. 2012..A 17-month study was conducted to address booking, scheduling and workload issues and to develop, implement, and evaluate solutions...
- Intravascular hemolysis as a complication of clostridium perfringens sepsisHeather L McArthur
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency Vancouver Cancer Centre, and Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Clin Oncol 24:2387-8. 2006
- Targeted therapy for metastatic renal cell carcinoma: current treatment and future directionsDaniel Y C Heng
BC Cancer Agency, 600 West 12 Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 4E6, Canada
Ther Adv Med Oncol 2:39-49. 2010..Sequential and combination targeted therapies are currently under investigation in advanced disease as are adjuvant and neo-adjuvant approaches around nephrectomy...
- European consensus conference on diagnosis and treatment of germ cell cancer: a report of the second meeting of the European Germ Cell Cancer Consensus group (EGCCCG): part ISusanne Krege
Department of Urology, Krankenhaus Maria Hilf, Krefeld, Germany
Eur Urol 53:478-96. 2008..In November 2006, the group met a second time under the auspices of the Department of Urology of the Amsterdam Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands...
- An open-label, multicenter phase II trial of capecitabine in patients with cisplatin-refractory or relapsed germ cell tumorsKarin Oechsle
Department of Oncology Hematology Bone marrow transplantation Pneumology, University Medical Center, Eppendort, Hamburg, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 18:273-6. 2007..Capecitabine was well tolerated, but is not effective in heavily pretreated patients with cisplatin-refractory or relapsed germ cell tumors...
- Single versus sequential high-dose chemotherapy in patients with relapsed or refractory germ cell tumors: a prospective randomized multicenter trial of the German Testicular Cancer Study GroupAnja Lorch
Department of Hematology, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg GmbH, Marburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 25:2778-84. 2007..To compare single versus sequential high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) as first or subsequent salvage treatment in patients with relapsed or refractory germ cell tumors (GCTs)...
- Renal toxicity of adjuvant chemoradiotherapy with cisplatin in gastric cancerStefan Welz
Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1429-35. 2007..On the basis of previously reported results of a Phase II trial using a more aggressive, cisplatin-containing chemoradiotherapy schedule, we investigated the effects of this approach on long-term renal function...
- European consensus conference on diagnosis and treatment of germ cell cancer: a report of the second meeting of the European Germ Cell Cancer Consensus Group (EGCCCG): part IISusanne Krege
Department of Urology, Krankenhaus Maria Hilf, Krefeld, Germany
Eur Urol 53:497-513. 2008..In November 2006, the group met a second time under the auspices of the Department of Urology of the Amsterdam Medical Center, The Netherlands...
- Phase II study of Triapine in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a trial of the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group (NCIC IND.161)Jennifer J Knox
Department of Medical Oncology, University Health Network OCI Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9, Canada
Invest New Drugs 25:471-7. 2007..The study closed, at the end of stage 1 as it did not meet the minimal efficacy criteria to proceed. Further evaluation of Triapine at this dose and schedule in patients with advanced kidney cancer is not recommended...
- Drug-induced haemolysis and methaemoglobinaemia in glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiencyBukal I Dalal
Division of Hematopathology, Vancouver General Hospital, BC, Canada
Br J Haematol 129:291. 2005
- The role of [(18)F] FDG-PET, CT/MRI and tumor marker kinetics in the evaluation of post chemotherapy residual masses in metastatic germ cell tumors--prospects for managementAnna C Pfannenberg
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
World J Urol 22:132-9. 2004..PET seems useful in patients with stable disease or partial remission in CT/MRI and normalized TM as well as in marker-negative disease...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy with cisplatin, 5-FU, and leucovorin (PLF) in locally advanced gastric cancer: a prospective phase II studyKatja Ott
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Gastric Cancer 6:159-67. 2003..Primary endpoints of the study were the toxicity and the response to chemotherapy. Secondary endpoints were the rate of complete resection, survival, and first site of failure...
- Prospective comparison of [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography with conventional assessment by computed tomography scans and serum tumor markers for the evaluation of residual masses in patients with nonseminomatous germ cell carcinomaChristian Kollmannsberger
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Cancer 94:2353-62. 2002....