Affiliation: British Columbia
- Asian ethnicity and adenocarcinoma histology continues to predict response to gefitinib in patients treated for advanced non-small cell carcinoma of the lung in North AmericaCheryl Ho
Department of Medical Oncology, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Clinic, BC, Canada
Lung Cancer 49:225-31. 2005....
- Phase I/II trial of pemetrexed plus nab-paclitaxel in advanced solid tumor patients with emphasis on non-small cell lung cancerCheryl Ho
British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4E6, Canada
Invest New Drugs 31:1587-91. 2013..Based on preclinical demonstration of additive cytotoxicity, we evaluated the safety and efficacy of combining pemetrexed and nanoparticle albumin bound (nab) paclitaxel with a focus on NSCLC for phase II expansion...
- Dual inhibition: combining epidermal growth factor-targeted therapies in non-small-cell lung cancerCheryl Ho
University of California, Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 8:420-4. 2007..Preclinical data support this concept, and clinical trials are under way to investigate the safety and efficacy of combined EGFR inhibition...
- EGFR-directed therapies to treat non-small-cell lung cancerCheryl Ho
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Medical Oncologist, 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6, Canada
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 18:1133-45. 2009..This review discusses clinical studies with several new therapies and the plans for drug development...
- Early clinical trial experience with vaccine therapies in non-small-cell lung cancerCheryl Ho
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Lung Cancer 9:S20-7. 2008..Herein, we review the development and evolution of early lung cancer vaccine trials...
- Intermittent erlotinib in combination with pemetrexed: phase I schedules designed to achieve pharmacodynamic separationAngela M Davies
University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, California, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:862-8. 2009..Pharmacodynamic separation by intermittent delivery of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors with chemotherapy may increase efficacy by overcoming hypothesized antagonism...
- Pharmacodynamic separation of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors and chemotherapy in non-small-cell lung cancerAngela M Davies
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 7:385-8. 2006..Herein we provide the preclinical and clinical rationale for studies examining the concept of pharmacodynamic separation as a means for overcoming hypothesized antagonism of EGFR TKIs and chemotherapy...
- Phase I study of two different schedules of bortezomib and pemetrexed in advanced solid tumors with emphasis on non-small cell lung cancerAngela M Davies
University of California, Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:1112-6. 2007..We examined the safety and tolerability of pemetrexed in combination with two different schedules of bortezomib in patients with advanced solid tumors...
- Correlations of EGFR mutations and increases in EGFR and HER2 copy number to gefitinib response in a retrospective analysis of lung cancer patientsTrevor J Pugh
Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Cancer 7:128. 2007..We set out to examine the relationship between response and the molecular status of two such kinases, EGFR and HER2, in 39 patients treated with gefitinib at the BC Cancer Agency...
- Side effects related to cancer treatment: CASE 1. Hepatitis following treatment with gefitinibCheryl Ho
Department of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 23:8531-3. 2005
- Erlotinib and vinorelbine in advanced malignant solid tumors: a phase I studyAngela M Davies
Davis Cancer Center, University of California, 4501 X Street, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Invest New Drugs 25:351-5. 2007....
- Escalating weekly doses of cetuximab and correlation with skin toxicity: a phase I studyCheryl Ho
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Invest New Drugs 29:680-7. 2011..Rash was evaluated using two additional validated dermatology methods: global acne grading scale (GAGS) and acne lesion counting (ALC). Tumor specimens and blood samples were obtained for correlative analyses...
- Second-line treatment for advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancer: current and future optionsCheryl Ho
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 7:S118-25. 2006..Research efforts continue to focus on identifying molecular markers and corresponding clinical features that will allow physicians to individualize patients' therapy...
- Phase II trial of premetrexed in patients with selected stage IIIB/IV bronchioloalveolar carcinomaCheryl Ho
University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 8:220-2. 2006
- A population-based review of the feasibility of platinum-based combination chemotherapy after tyrosine kinase inhibition in EGFR mutation positive non-small cell lung cancer patients with advanced diseaseCaroline Mariano
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Department of Medical Oncology, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6 Electronic address
Lung Cancer 83:73-7. 2014..We hypothesized that in a population-based setting fewer patients receive second-line platin based chemotherapy than those enrolled in a clinical trial...
- The development of a standardized software platform to support provincial population-based cancer outcomes units for multiple tumour sites: OaSIS - Outcomes and Surveillance Integration SystemJonn Wu
BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia
Stud Health Technol Inform 183:98-103. 2013..This will also facilitate initiatives to improve patient outcomes, decision support in achieving operational efficiencies and an environment that supports knowledge generation...
- Outcomes in elderly patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with capecitabine: a population-based analysisCheryl Ho
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:279-82. 2005..Capecitabine was approved for funding in the province of British Columbia in the spring of 2002 as an oral chemotherapeutic option for metastatic CRC...