Alina S Gerrie
Affiliation: British Columbia
- D(T)PACE as salvage therapy for aggressive or refractory multiple myelomaAlina S Gerrie
Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Haematol 161:802-10. 2013..Although the overall response rate of 49% in this poor prognosis cohort is reasonable, the PFS is short, suggesting the best role for D(T)PACE is in bridging to definitive therapy, such as transplantation...
- Oral fludarabine and rituximab as initial therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia or small lymphocytic lymphoma: population-based experience matches clinical trialsAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 53:77-82. 2012..FR with oral fludarabine was safely, conveniently and successfully given to community-based patients, irrespective of age, for first-line therapy for CLL/SLL, achieving OS and TFS similar to those in clinical trials...
- Fludarabine and rituximab for relapsed or refractory hairy cell leukemiaAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, 2775 Laurel St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 119:1988-91. 2012..Five-year progression-free and overall survivals are 89% and 83%, respectively. FR is a safe and effective therapeutic option for relapsed/refractory HCL...
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain (IGH@) translocations negatively impact treatment-free survival for chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients who have an isolated deletion 13q abnormalityAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Genet 205:523-7. 2012..Knowledge of the t(IGH@) status in CLL is therefore of clinical importance, as del13q patients with concomitant t(IGH@) may not retain the previously expected favorable outcome...
- IgG4-related disease with hypergammaglobulinemic hyperviscosity and retinopathyPatrick C W Wong
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Eur J Haematol 90:250-6. 2013..Combination therapy with fludarabine and rituximab in IgG4-RD has not previously been reported and can be considered in patients with severe refractory disease...