Kim N Chi
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Azad A, Volik S, Wyatt A, Haegert A, Le Bihan S, Bell R, et al. Androgen Receptor Gene Aberrations in Circulating Cell-Free DNA: Biomarkers of Therapeutic Resistance in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:2315-24 pubmed publisher..Our data illustrate that genomic analysis of cfDNA is a minimally invasive method for interrogating mechanisms of therapeutic resistance in mCRPC. ..
- Chi K, Eisenhauer E, Fazli L, Jones E, Goldenberg S, Powers J, et al. A phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of OGX-011, a 2'-methoxyethyl antisense oligonucleotide to clusterin, in patients with localized prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:1287-96 pubmed..001 and Ptrend = .01, respectively). OGX-011 is well tolerated and reduces clusterin expression in primary prostate tumors. The optimal biologic dose for OGX-011 at the schedule used is 640 mg. ..
- Chi K, Hotte S, Yu E, Tu D, Eigl B, Tannock I, et al. Randomized phase II study of docetaxel and prednisone with or without OGX-011 in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2010;28:4247-54 pubmed publisher..50; 95% CI, 0.29 to 0.87). Treatment with OGX-011 and docetaxel was well tolerated with evidence of biologic effect and was associated with improved survival. Further evaluation is warranted. ..
- Azad A, Eigl B, Murray R, Kollmannsberger C, Chi K. Efficacy of enzalutamide following abiraterone acetate in chemotherapy-naive metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients. Eur Urol. 2015;67:23-29 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that earlier treatment with docetaxel does not have a large impact on the activity of enzalutamide after abiraterone. ..
- Leibowitz Amit R, Pintilie M, Khoja L, Azad A, Berger R, Laird A, et al. Changes in plasma biomarkers following treatment with cabozantinib in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: a post hoc analysis of an extension cohort of a phase II trial. J Transl Med. 2016;14:12 pubmed publisher..The observed alterations in several biomarkers during treatment with cabozantinib may provide insights on the effects of cabozantinib on tumor cells and on tumor micro-environment and may help point to potential co-targeting approaches. ..
- Lallous N, Volik S, Awrey S, Leblanc E, Tse R, Murillo J, et al. Functional analysis of androgen receptor mutations that confer anti-androgen resistance identified in circulating cell-free DNA from prostate cancer patients. Genome Biol. 2016;17:10 pubmed publisher....
- Chi K, Yu E, Jacobs C, Bazov J, Kollmannsberger C, Higano C, et al. A phase I dose-escalation study of apatorsen (OGX-427), an antisense inhibitor targeting heat shock protein 27 (Hsp27), in patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer and other advanced cancers. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:1116-22 pubmed publisher..Apatorsen was tolerated at the highest dose evaluated (1000 mg). Single-agent activity was suggested by changes in tumor markers, CTC, and stable measurable disease. Phase II studies evaluating apatorsen are underway. NCT00487786. ..
- Todenhöfer T, Azad A, Stewart C, Gao J, Eigl B, Gleave M, et al. AR-V7 Transcripts in Whole Blood RNA of Patients with Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer Correlate with Response to Abiraterone Acetate. J Urol. 2017;197:135-142 pubmed publisher..These results reinforce the potential usefulness of AR-V7 as a prognostic and predictive biomarker for metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer. ..
- Chi K, Protheroe A, Rodriguez Antolín A, Facchini G, Suttman H, Matsubara N, et al. Patient-reported outcomes following abiraterone acetate plus prednisone added to androgen deprivation therapy in patients with newly diagnosed metastatic castration-naive prostate cancer (LATITUDE): an international, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Janssen Research & Development. ..
- Chi K, Siu L, Hirte H, Hotte S, Knox J, Kollmansberger C, et al. A phase I study of OGX-011, a 2'-methoxyethyl phosphorothioate antisense to clusterin, in combination with docetaxel in patients with advanced cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:833-9 pubmed publisher..OGX-011 can be given at a biologically effective dose with standard doses of docetaxel. Phase II trials of combined OGX-011 and chemotherapy are ongoing in patients with prostate, breast, and lung cancers. ..
- Chi K, Kheoh T, Ryan C, Molina A, Bellmunt J, Vogelzang N, et al. A prognostic index model for predicting overall survival in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer treated with abiraterone acetate after docetaxel. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:454-60 pubmed publisher..Prognostic stratification with this model could assist clinical practice decisions for follow-up and monitoring, and may aid in clinical trial design. NCT00638690. ..
- Chi K, Higano C, Blumenstein B, Ferrero J, Reeves J, Feyerabend S, et al. Custirsen in combination with docetaxel and prednisone for patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (SYNERGY trial): a phase 3, multicentre, open-label, randomised trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:473-485 pubmed publisher..OncoGenex Technologies. ..
- Yu E, Ellard S, Hotte S, Gingerich J, Joshua A, Gleave M, et al. A randomized phase 2 study of a HSP27 targeting antisense, apatorsen with prednisone versus prednisone alone, in patients with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer. Invest New Drugs. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Further evaluation of Hsp27 targeting in prostate cancer is warranted...