- Reduced proportions of natural killer T cells are present in the relatives of lupus patients and are associated with autoimmunityJoan Wither
Arthritis Centre of Excellence, Division of Genetics and Development, Toronto Western Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R108. 2008..Here, we used flow cytometry to investigate whether some of the immune abnormalities that are seen in the peripheral blood lymphocyte population of lupus patients are seen in their first-degree relatives...
- Anti-Sa antibodies and antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide are not equivalent as predictors of severe outcomes in patients with recent-onset polyarthritisGilles Boire
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R592-603. 2005....
- Outcomes in recent-onset inflammatory polyarthritis differ according to initial titers, persistence over time, and specificity of the autoantibodiesMarie Caroline Guzian
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:1624-32. 2010..To prospectively evaluate the predictive value of initial titers and subsequent variations of 3 rheumatoid arthritis–associated antibodies for outcomes at 30 months in patients with recent-onset polyarthritis...
- The DERAA HLA-DR alleles in patients with early polyarthritis: protection against severe disease and lack of association with rheumatoid arthritis autoantibodiesNathalie Carrier
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 60:698-707. 2009....
- Predictors of pain for patients with early inflammatory polyarthritisPatricia L Dobkin
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:992-9. 2013..To identify predictors of pain at 1 year in patients with early inflammatory polyarthritis (EIP)...
- Remission in early rheumatoid arthritis -- a comparison of new ACR/EULAR remission criteria to established criteriaBindee Kuriya
Division of Rheumatology, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 39:1155-8. 2012..To describe the frequency of remission in an early rheumatoid arthritis (ERA) cohort...
- The Canadian Early Arthritis Cohort (CATCH): patients with new-onset synovitis meeting the 2010 ACR/EULAR classification criteria but not the 1987 ACR classification criteria present with less severe disease activityVivian P Bykerk
Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 39:2071-80. 2012..Our objective was to describe characteristics of Canadian patients with early arthritis and examine differences between those fulfilling 1987 and 2010 rheumatoid arthritis (RA) classification criteria...
- Low prevalence of work disability in early inflammatory arthritis (EIA) and early rheumatoid arthritis at enrollment into a multi-site registry: results from the catch cohortLauren Mussen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, St Joseph s Health Care, Western University, 268 Grosvenor St, London, ON N6A 4V2, Canada
Rheumatol Int 33:457-65. 2013..3) or RF positivity (p = 0.6). We found rates of work disability to be low at entry into this EIA cohort compared to previous studies. There may be potential for intervention in ERA to prevent the development of work disability...
- Canadian recommendations for use of methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritisWanruchada Katchamart
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:1422-30. 2010..To develop recommendations for the use of methotrexate (MTX) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Autoantibodies and microvascular damage are independent predictive factors for the progression of Raynaud's phenomenon to systemic sclerosis: a twenty-year prospective study of 586 patients, with validation of proposed criteria for early systemic sclerosiMartial Koenig
Notre Dame Hospital, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 58:3902-12. 2008....
- RTAnalyzer: a web application for finding new retrotransposons and detecting L1 retrotransposition signaturesJean Francois Lucier
RNA Group Groupe ARN, Departement De Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 35:W269-74. 2007..This score represents the likelihood of a given sequence originating from a retrotransposition event involving the L1 machinery. RTAnalyzer may be used under GNU public license, and is available at http://www.riboclub.org/rtanalyzer...
- CD40-activated B cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus can be modulated by therapeutic immunoglobulins in vitroSonia Néron
Recherche et Developpement, HEMA QUEBEC, Ingénierie cellulaire, 1070, avenue des Sciences de la Vie, Quebec, QC G1V 5C3, Canada
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 57:447-58. 2009..In this study, two facets of SLE B cells were investigated, namely their in vitro response to CD40-CD154 and the effect of treatment with human immunoglobulins for intravenous use (IVIg)...
- Priming primary care physicians to treat osteoporosis after a fragility fracture: an integrated multidisciplinary approachSophie Roux
From the Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine the Department of Family Medicine and the Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 40:703-11. 2013..To evaluate 2 incremental levels of intervention designed to increase initiation of osteoporosis treatment by primary care physicians (PCP) following fragility fractures (FF)...
- Care gap in patients with early inflammatory arthritis with a high fracture risk identified using FRAX(®)Carly K Cheng
Division of Rheumatology, Mount Sinai Hospital, 60 Murray Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5T 3L9, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:2221-5. 2010....
- A novel approach to measure the contribution of matrix metalloproteinase in the overall net proteolytic activity present in synovial fluids of patients with arthritisNathalie Simard
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, University of Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R125. 2006..These results emphasize the diversity of the MMPs involved in arthritis and, from a clinical perspective, suggest an interesting alternative for testing the potential of new protease inhibitors for the treatment of arthritis...
- Ro-associated Y RNAs in metazoans: evolution and diversificationJonathan Perreault
Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Mol Biol Evol 24:1678-89. 2007..Further evolutionary insight was obtained from the analysis of several thousand Y retropseudogenes among various species. Taken together, these results confirm the rich and diversified evolution history of Y RNAs...
- Cancer-associated myositis in the presence of anti-Jo1 autoantibodies and the antisynthetase syndromeDominic Legault
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Pointe Claire, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 35:169-71. 2008..Our patients remind us that the presence of antisynthetase antibodies (and even antisynthetase syndrome) in a patient with inflammatory myositis does not preclude the diagnosis of cancer-associated myositis...
- Partnership for fragility bone fracture care provision and prevention program (P4Bones): study protocol for a secondary fracture prevention pragmatic controlled trialIsabelle Gaboury
Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Implement Sci 8:10. 2013....
- Atypical fracture of the tibial diaphysis associated with bisphosphonate therapy: A case reportLyne Bissonnette
Division of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, 3001, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Bone 56:406-9. 2013....
- Retropseudogenes derived from the human Ro/SS-A autoantigen-associated hY RNAsJonathan Perreault
RNA Group Groupe ARN, Université de Sherbrooke Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1H 5N4, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2032-41. 2005..Considering the functions of proteins known to bind subsets of hY RNAs, hY pseudogenes constitute a new class of L1-dependent non-autonomous retroelements, potentially involved in post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression...