- Fatty acid composition of wild and farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Carole Blanchet
Public Health Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec CHUQ, Canada
Lipids 40:529-31. 2005..Total n-3 and n-6 PUFA were significantly higher in farmed AS than in wild AS. Farmed RT contained more fat and less n-3 PUFA than wild RT. Our results show that farmed salmonids provide high levels of n-3 HUFA to consumers...
- Fish consumption and blood lipids in three ethnic groups of Québec (Canada)Eric Dewailly
Public Health Research Unit, CHUL Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Sainte Foy, Quebec G1V 5B3, Canada
Lipids 38:359-65. 2003..Our results indicate that increased consumption of fish as a source of n-3 fatty acids is beneficially associated with levels of HDL cholesterol and triacylglycerols...
- Plasma n-3 fatty acids and psychological distress in aboriginal Cree Indians (Canada)Michel Lucas
Public Health Research Unit, Laval University Medical Research Centre, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Public Health Nutr 12:2343-51. 2009..To examine the relationship between psychological distress (PD) and plasma n-3 long-chain (LC) PUFA, i.e. EPA, docosapentaenoic acid (DPAn-3) and DHA...
- Plasma omega-3 and psychological distress among Nunavik Inuit (Canada)Michel Lucas
Public Health Research Unit, Laval University Medical Research Centre CHUQ, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Psychiatry Res 167:266-78. 2009..Our findings suggest that marine n-3 may play a role in PD among Inuit women. The gender difference observed in our analysis must be examined more carefully in future studies...
- Prevalence of anemia among Inuit women in Nunavik, CanadaCéline Plante
Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, G1V 5B3, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 70:154-65. 2011..To assess the prevalence and main types of anemia present among non-pregnant Inuit women of Nunavik using a representative sample...
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors and n-3 fatty acid status in the adult population of James Bay CreeEric Dewailly
Public Health Research Unit, CHUL Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 76:85-92. 2002..Fish oils rich in n-3 fatty acids may have a protective effect against cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors...
- Fat, fishing patterns, and health among the Bardi people of north Western AustraliaPhilippe Max Rouja
Center for Ocean and Human Health, Bermuda Biological Station for Research Inc, St George s, Bermuda
Lipids 38:399-405. 2003..The Bardi model provides important insights into the nature of human-environment interaction and expands our understanding of the role that warmer-water fisheries can play in human health...