- Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors: current managementMark Bernstein
Service of Hematology Oncology, Ste Justine Hospital, University of Montreal, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5, Canada
Oncologist 11:503-19. 2006..New approaches include anti-angiogenic therapy, particularly since vascular endothelial growth factor is an apparent downstream target of the ews-fli1 oncogene...
- Imatinib mesylate (STI571) for treatment of children with Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemia: results from a Children's Oncology Group phase 1 studyMartin A Champagne
Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC, Canada, H3T 1C5
Blood 104:2655-60. 2004..Doses of 260 and 340 mg/m(2) provide systemic exposures similar to those of adults who are treated with daily doses of 400 and 600 mg, respectively...
- Phase II/III trial of etoposide and high-dose ifosfamide in newly diagnosed metastatic osteosarcoma: a pediatric oncology group trialAllen M Goorin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The Children s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:426-33. 2002....
- A phase II trial of rebeccamycin analogue (NSC #655649) in children with solid tumors: a Children's Oncology Group studyAnne Marie Langevin
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:577-80. 2008....
- Local control in pelvic Ewing sarcoma: analysis from INT-0091--a report from the Children's Oncology GroupTorunn I Yock
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3838-43. 2006..We investigated the relationship between the type of local control modality, surgery, radiation (RT) or both (S + RT), and subsequent risk for local failure (LF) in patients with nonmetastatic pelvic Ewing sarcoma treated on INT-0091...
- Etoposide, vincristine, and cyclosporin A with standard-dose radiation therapy in newly diagnosed diffuse intrinsic brainstem gliomas: a pediatric oncology group phase I studyMark L Greenberg
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:644-8. 2005..Based on their imaging characteristics, we postulated that inhibition of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) associated with endothelial cells of the blood-brain barrier might enhance penetration of xenobiotic antineoplastics...
- Phase I trial and pharmacokinetic study of raltitrexed in children with recurrent or refractory leukemia: a pediatric oncology group studyTerzah M Horton
University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1884-9. 2005..To evaluate the toxicity, antileukemic activity, and pharmacology of raltitrexed administered weekly for 3 weeks to patients with refractory or recurrent leukemia...
- A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of ecteinascidin-743 (Yondelis) in children with refractory solid tumors. A Children's Oncology Group studyLoretta Lau
New Agent and Innovative Therapy Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Clin Cancer Res 11:672-7. 2005..CONCLUSION: ET-743 is safe. The phase II recommended dose of ET-743 administered as a 3-hour i.v. infusion following premedication with dexamethasone is 1,100 microg/m(2)...
- Phase I study of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in pediatric patients with refractory solid tumors: a Children's Oncology Group study (ADVL0015)Susan M Blaney
Texas Children s Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4804-9. 2004..To determine the maximum-tolerated dose, dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), and pharmacodynamics of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib (formerly PS-341) in children with recurrent or refractory solid tumors...
- Phase I trial of tirapazamine and cyclophosphamide in children with refractory solid tumors: a pediatric oncology group studyVictor M Aquino
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1413-9. 2004..To determine the dose limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum-tolerated dose (MTD), and pharmacokinetic profile of tirapazamine (Sanofi Synthelabo Research, Malvern, PA) combined with cyclophosphamide in children with recurrent solid tumors...
- Enhancement of antineoplastic action of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine by phenylbutyrate on L1210 leukemic cellsMaryse Lemaire
, , , , , , , Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 45:147-54. 2004..We also observed an enhancement of the antineoplastic activity of this combination in mice with L1210 leukemia. These data provide a rationale to investigate 5-AZA-CdR and PB in patients with advanced leukemia...
- Biology of childhood osteogenic sarcoma and potential targets for therapeutic development: meeting summaryRichard Gorlick
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:5442-53. 2003..This report summarizes the information presented and discussed by the meeting participants...
- Survival following surgery and prognostic factors for recently diagnosed malignant glioma: data from the Glioma Outcomes ProjectEdward R Laws
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosurg 99:467-73. 2003..Attempts were made to reduce the impact of selection bias by repeating the data analysis after omitting patients with major negative prognostic factors...
- Sequence alterations in the reduced folate carrier are observed in osteosarcoma tumor samplesRui Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:837-44. 2003..Additional studies are under way to determine the clinical significance of these sequence alterations and their effect on methotrexate transport and resistance...
- Influence of phenytoin on the disposition of irinotecan: a case reportDaryl J Murry
Texas Children's Cancer Center/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:130-3. 2002..Further detailed pharmacokinetic studies of irinotecan in patients receiving concomitant therapy with enzyme-inducing anticonvulsants are required so that rational dosing recommendations can be provided for this patient population...
- Phase 1 trial of O6-benzylguanine and BCNU in children with CNS tumors: a Children's Oncology Group studyDenise M Adams
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:549-53. 2008....