Jean Martin Beaulieu
- Akt/GSK3 signaling in the action of psychotropic drugsJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Université Laval CRULRG, Quebec, Canada
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 49:327-47. 2009..Elucidation of the contribution of multiple signaling pathways to the action of psychotropic drugs may provide a better biological understanding of psychiatric disorders and lead to more efficient therapeutics...
- A role for Akt and glycogen synthase kinase-3 as integrators of dopamine and serotonin neurotransmission in mental healthJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Laval, Centre de Recherche Université Laval Robert Giffard CRULRG, Quebec, Canada
J Psychiatry Neurosci 37:7-16. 2012..Understanding these interactions may provide a better understanding of mental illnesses, leading to better efficacy of new therapeutic approaches...
- Peripherin-mediated death of motor neurons rescued by overexpression of neurofilament NF-H proteinsJean Martin Beaulieu
Centre for Research in Neurosciences, McGill University, The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurochem 85:248-56. 2003..These findings illustrate the importance of IF protein stoichiometry in formation, localization and toxicity of neuronal inclusion bodies...
- [Psychotropic drugs and the involvement of the Akt/GSK3 signalling pathway in mental illnesses]Thomas Del'Guidice
Département de psychiatrie et neuroscience, Université Laval CRULRG, chemin de la Canardiere, Bureau F 6500, Beauport, Canada
Med Sci (Paris) 26:647-51. 2010..Regulation of Akt and GSK3 by monoamine neurotransmitters may provide a better understanding of mental illnesses leading to new therapeutic approaches having better efficacy...
- Morphine hyperalgesia gated through microglia-mediated disruption of neuronal Cl⁻ homeostasisFrancesco Ferrini
Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Nat Neurosci 16:183-92. 2013..Our findings dissociate morphine-induced hyperalgesia from tolerance and suggest the microglia-to-neuron P2X4-BDNF-KCC2 pathway as a therapeutic target for preventing hyperalgesia without affecting morphine analgesia...
- Looking at lithium: molecular moods and complex behaviourJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Université Laval CRULRG, Quebec, Canada G1J 2G3
Mol Interv 8:230-41. 2008....
- Beyond cAMP: The Regulation of Akt and GSK3 by Dopamine ReceptorsJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Université Laval CRULRG Québec, QC, Canada
Front Mol Neurosci 4:38. 2011..Further understanding of the role of Akt/GSK3 signaling in dopamine receptor functions could provide novel targets for pharmacological interventions in dopamine-related disorders...
- Selective deletion of forebrain glycogen synthase kinase 3β reveals a central role in serotonin-sensitive anxiety and social behaviourCamille Latapy
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 367:2460-74. 2012....
- Quantification of receptor tyrosine kinase activation and transactivation by G-protein-coupled receptors using spatial intensity distribution analysis (SpIDA)Annie Barbeau
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada
Methods Enzymol 522:109-31. 2013..Therefore, SpIDA enables these biological processes to be monitored directly in their native cellular environment...
- β-Arrestins in the central nervous systemCamille Latapy
Département de Psychiatrie et de Neurosciences, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Pavillon Ferdinand Vandry, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 118:267-95. 2013..Development of such approaches may lead to new drugs having better clinical efficacy and lesser side effects...
- Galectin-3 is required for resident microglia activation and proliferation in response to ischemic injuryMélanie Lalancette-Hébert
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Neurosci 32:10383-95. 2012..Together, our findings suggest that galectin-3 is required for resident microglia activation and proliferation in response to ischemic injury...
- Up-regulation of peripherin is associated with alterations in synaptic plasticity in CA1 and CA3 regions of hippocampusJasna Kriz
Centre Hospitalier de l Universite Laval Research Center, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Neurobiol Dis 18:409-20. 2005..4.0%). In the hippocampus of Per mice, the levels of MAP2 were decreased, though synaptophysin and PSD95 remained unchanged. These intriguing findings suggest a role of peripherin in the alteration of hippocampal synaptic plasticity...
- The physiology, signaling, and pharmacology of dopamine receptorsJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval Centre de Recherche de l Université Laval Robert Giffard, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacol Rev 63:182-217. 2011....
- Role of Beta-arrestin 2 downstream of dopamine receptors in the Basal GangliaThomas Del'Guidice
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Centre de Recherche Université Laval Robert Giffard Québec, QC, Canada
Front Neuroanat 5:58. 2011..Understanding these mechanisms may lead to a better comprehension of the several roles played by these structures in the regulation of mood and to the development of new psychoactive drugs having better therapeutic efficacy...