- The personal costs of caring for a child with a disability: a review of the literatureDonna Anderson
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation and Social Integration, Institut de la r6adaptation en d6ficience physique de Québec, Quebec
Public Health Rep 122:3-16. 2007..A comprehensive and systematic approach is suggested for future research...
- The development of measures of community capacity for community-based funding programs in CanadaMary Frances Maclellan-Wright
Public Health Agency of Canada, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Health Promot Int 22:299-306. 2007..The instrument provides quantitative and qualitative information on community capacity within the context and scope of community-based funding programs...
- [French-Canadian validation of the MOS Social Support Survey]Donna Anderson
Centre interdisciplinaire de recherche en réadaptation et intégration sociale Institut de réadaptation en déficience physique de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 21:867-73. 2005....
- The trajectory of palliative care costs over the last 5 months of life: a Canadian longitudinal studySerge Dumont
School of Social Work, Pavillon Charles De Koninck, Laval University, Quebec City, QC, Canada, Laval University Cancer Research Center, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Palliat Med 24:630-40. 2010..Conclusions: The knowledge gained from this study would be useful to policy makers when developing policies that could help families caring for a terminally ill loved one at home...
- Measurement challenges of informal caregiving: a novel measurement method applied to a cohort of palliative care patientsSerge Dumont
Laval University, School of Social Work, Pavillon Charles De Koninck, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Soc Sci Med 71:1890-5. 2010..We conclude that, the estimate of time spent caregiving for palliative care patients may be useful in guiding support programs for the families taking care of a loved one at home during the palliative phase of care...
- Costs associated with resource utilization during the palliative phase of care: a Canadian perspectiveSerge Dumont
School of Social Work, Laval University Laval University Cancer Research Center, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1V 0A6
Palliat Med 23:708-17. 2009..This study aimed to evaluate prospectively the resource utilization and related costs during the palliative phase of care in five regions across Canada...
- Development of measures of individual leadership for health promotionDonna Anderson
Alberta Heart Health Project, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Int J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv 18:i-xii. 2005....
- Identifying factors associated with regular physical activity in leisure time among Canadian adolescentsGaston Godin
Canada Research Chair on Behavior and Health, Faculty of Nursing, Laval University, , Canada
Am J Health Promot 20:20-7. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: This study provides evidence for the need to design interventions that are gender specific and that focus on increasing intention to exercise regularly...
- Development of measures of organizational leadership for health promotionLinda Barrett
Centre for Health Promotion Studies, University of Alberta, Canada
Health Educ Behav 32:195-207. 2005..79 and .91 thus establishing good to high scale internal consistencies. These measures can be used by both researchers and practitioners for the assessment of organizational leadership for health promotion and heart health promotion...
- An examination of the stages of change construct for health promotion within organizationsTanya R Berry
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Health Organ Manag 21:121-35. 2007..The purpose of this research is to examine the organizational stages of change construct of the transtheoretical model of behavior change...
- Towards the development of scales to measure 'will' to promote heart health within health organizations in CanadaDonna Anderson
Alberta Heart Health Project, University of Alberta, Edmonton T6G 2T4, Canada
Health Promot Int 19:471-81. 2004..73 and 0.96. These measures can be used by both researchers and practitioners for assessing the 'will' to promote heart health specifically and health promotion in general...
- Issues in measuring health promotion capacity in Canada: a multi-province perspectiveLori S Ebbesen
Saskatchewan Heart Health Program, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Health Promot Int 19:85-94. 2004....