- Development of an atherogenic metabolic risk factor profile associated with the use of atypical antipsychoticsNatalie Almeras
Laval Hospital Research Center, Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, Pavilion Marguerite D Youville, 4th Floor, 2725 Chemin Ste Foy, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
J Clin Psychiatry 65:557-64. 2004..The objective of the present study was to evaluate whether 2 atypical antipsychotics differ regarding their impact on the cardiovascular disease risk profile compared with a reference group...
- Associations between the fatty acid content of triglyceride, visceral adipose tissue accumulation, and components of the insulin resistance syndromeAndré J Tremblay
Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Metabolism 53:310-7. 2004..002) blood pressure. In summary, results of this study suggest that the fatty acid content of TG is associated with many metabolic variables of the insulin resistance syndrome independently of body fat mass or visceral AT accumulation...
- Visceral and not subcutaneous abdominal adiposity reduction drives the benefits of a 1-year lifestyle modification programAnne Laure Borel
Department of Cardiology, Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:1223-33. 2012..Furthermore, the reduction in VAT was independently related to the reduction in global adiposity and to the improvement in cardiorespiratory fitness...
- Improvement of metabolic risk profile under second-generation antipsychotics: a pilot intervention studyMélissa Blouin
Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire de cardiologie et de pneumologie de Québec Hôpital Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Can J Psychiatry 54:275-9. 2009..To assess the impact of a weight management program on metabolic health of second-generation antipsychotic (SGA)-treated patients...
- Adiponectinemia in visceral obesity: impact on glucose tolerance and plasma lipoprotein and lipid levels in menMélanie Côté
FAHA, Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital Research Center, 2725, Chemin Ste Foy, Pavilion Marguerite D Youville, 4th Floor, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1434-9. 2005..Furthermore, adiponectin predicts glucose tolerance and plasma high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in a manner that is partly independent from the contribution of visceral adiposity...
- Visceral obesity and plasma glucose-insulin homeostasis: contributions of interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in menAmélie Cartier
Quebec Heart Institute, Hôpital Laval Research Centre, Hopital Laval, 2725 Chemin Sainte Foy, Pavilion Marguerite D Youville, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1931-8. 2008..This study examined the relationships of two inflammatory cytokines, IL-6 and TNF-alpha, to visceral adiposity and indices of plasma glucose-insulin homeostasis...
- Adiposity and eating behaviors in patients under second generation antipsychoticsMélissa Blouin
Hôpital Laval Research Centre, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1780-7. 2008..Second generation antipsychotics (SGA) induce substantial weight gain but the mechanisms responsible for this phenomenon remain speculative...
- Visceral adipose tissue indicates the severity of cardiometabolic risk in patients with and without type 2 diabetes: results from the INSPIRE ME IAA studyJessica D Smith
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, 2725 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:1517-25. 2012..Visceral adiposity is an important correlate of cardiometabolic risk, yet its association after the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes remains unclear...
- Normalization of visceral adiposity is required to normalize plasma apolipoprotein B levels in response to a healthy eating/physical activity lifestyle modification program in viscerally obese menEmilie Pelletier-Beaumont
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 221:577-82. 2012..We have examined the effects of a 1-year lifestyle modification program on plasma apoB levels in viscerally obese men and compared post-intervention levels to those of a reference group of lean healthy men...
- The effect of topiramate on energy balance in obese men: a 6-month double-blind randomized placebo-controlled study with a 6-month open-label extensionAngelo Tremblay
Division of Kinesiology PEPS, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Laval University, G1K 7P4 Quebec, Canada
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:123-34. 2007..Thus, the aim of this study was to study the impact of TPM on food preferences, measures of satiety, food intake, resting metabolic rate (RMR), and 24-h energy expenditure...
- Cardiometabolic effects of rosiglitazone in patients with type 2 diabetes and coronary artery bypass grafts: A randomized placebo-controlled clinical trialOlivier F Bertrand
Quebec Heart Lung Institute, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 211:565-73. 2010..To assess the efficacy and safety of rosiglitazone on saphenous vein graft (SVG) atherosclerosis prevention and on modification of the global cardiometabolic risk profile...
- Effect of rimonabant on the high-triglyceride/ low-HDL-cholesterol dyslipidemia, intraabdominal adiposity, and liver fat: the ADAGIO-Lipids trialJean Pierre Despres
Quebec Heart Institute, Hôpital Laval Research Centre, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:416-23. 2009..ADAGIO-Lipids assessed the effect of rimonabant on cardiometabolic risk factors and intraabdominal and liver fat...
- Effect of apoC-III gene polymorphisms on the lipoprotein-lipid profile of viscerally obese menCharles Couillard
Department of Food Sciences and Nutrition, Laval University, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
J Lipid Res 44:986-93. 2003..Results of the present study support the notion of a hypertriglyceridemic effect associated with the apoC-III SstI polymorphism that could modulate the magnitude of the dyslipidemic state in abdominally obese patients...
- French Pregnancy Physical Activity Questionnaire compared with an accelerometer cut point to classify physical activity among pregnant obese womenNadia Chandonnet
Paediatrics Department, Research Center of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e38818. 2012..Comparisons with other standard cutpoints were presented in files S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7. The PPAQ is reliable and moderately accurate for the measure of PA of various intensities and types among pregnant obese women...
- A multicentre, randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial evaluating rosiglitazone for the prevention of atherosclerosis progression after coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients with type 2 diabetes. Design and rationale of the VeIn-CoronOlivier F Bertrand
Hopital Laval, Quebec Heart Lung Institute, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 25:509-15. 2009..However, its role in the prevention of atherosclerosis progression is uncertain...