Affiliation: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Production of fresh Cheddar cheese curds with controlled postacidification and enhanced flavorD St-Gelais
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600 Casavant Blvd West, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 8E3
J Dairy Sci 92:1856-63. 2009..diacetylactis. Sensory evaluation indicated that cheeses containing the L. diacetylactis strain were more flavorful and also had less sourness and could be stored at 4 degrees C for up to 7 d...
- Detection and quantification of capsular exopolysaccharides from Streptococcus thermophilus using lectin probesG Robitaille
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada, J2S 8E3
J Dairy Sci 89:4156-62. 2006..Our results showed that in both media, CPS production by Strep. thermophilus MR-1C began during the exponential phase of growth and continued for several hours after the culture reached the stationary growth phase...
- Galactose metabolism and capsule formation in a recombinant strain of Streptococcus thermophilus with a galactose-fermenting phenotypeG Robitaille
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada, J2S 8E3
J Dairy Sci 90:4051-7. 2007..In milk and in lactose-supplemented medium, capsular exopolysaccharide production occurred mainly during the late exponential phase and the stationary growth phase with similar kinetics between MR-1C and MR-AAC...
- Short communication: extraction of beta-casein from goat milkS Lamothe
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture, and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 8E3
J Dairy Sci 90:5380-2. 2007..As a result, the extraction yield of beta-casein was 53% higher in goat milk than in cow milk. The purity of beta-casein extracted from both milks reached approximately 90% after incubation at 0 degrees C...
- Fat-free yogurt made using a galactose-positive exopolysaccharide-producing recombinant strain of Streptococcus thermophilusG Robitaille
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
J Dairy Sci 92:477-82. 2009..thermophilus strains through genetic engineering of galactose metabolism. However, when used in combination with Lb. bulgaricus for yogurt manufacture, the EPS overproduction of recombinant strain is not significant...