Edward R Farnworth
Affiliation: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Kefir consumption does not alter plasma lipid levels or cholesterol fractional synthesis rates relative to milk in hyperlipidemic men: a randomized controlled trial [ISRCTN10820810]Marie Pierre St-Onge
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Canada
BMC Complement Altern Med 2:1. 2002..Kefir, a fermented milk product, has been traditionally consumed for its potential health benefits but has to date not been studied for its hypocholesterolemic properties...
- The evidence to support health claims for probioticsEdward R Farnworth
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
J Nutr 138:1250S-4S. 2008..On the other hand, at this time, no probiotic product is sold in Canada that carries a label health claim. This illustrates the considerable discrepancies across countries in perception of health effects of probiotics...
- Growth of probiotic bacteria and bifidobacteria in a soy yogurt formulationE R Farnworth
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, CRDA, 3600 Casavant Blvd, West, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, Canada J2S 8E3
Int J Food Microbiol 116:174-81. 2007....
- The effect of drinking milk containing conjugated linoleic acid on fecal microbiological profile, enzymatic activity, and fecal characteristics in humansEdward R Farnworth
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Nutr J 6:15. 2007..The primary objective was to determine whether consumption of conjugated linoleic acids (CLAs) affected the fecal microbiota composition, fecal enzyme activity or fecal composition...
- A dynamic model that simulates the human upper gastrointestinal tract for the study of probioticsI Mainville
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600, Casavant Blv west, St Hyacinthe, QC, J2S 8E3, Canada
Int J Food Microbiol 99:287-96. 2005....
- Polyphasic characterization of the lactic acid bacteria in kefirIsabelle Mainville
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600, Boulevard Casavant West, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 8E3
Syst Appl Microbiol 29:59-68. 2006..We found that the polyphasic analysis approach increases the confidence in strain determination. It helped confirm strain groupings and it showed that it could have an impact on the phylogeny of the strains...