Claude P Champagne
Affiliation: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Microencapsulation of a recombinant aminopeptidase (PepN) from Lactobacillus rhamnosus S93 in chitosan-coated alginate beadsSorayya Azarnia
Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, QC, Canada
J Microencapsul 25:46-58. 2008..Increasing the CaCl2 concentration over 0.1 M neither affected the EE nor the ER. Increasing hardening time beyond 10 min led to a decrease in EE and the alginate:enzyme ratio (3 : 1) was optimal to prevent the ER...
- Effect of water activity and protective solutes on growth and subsequent survival to air-drying of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium culturesClaude P Champagne
Centre de recherche et de développement sur les aliments, Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada, 3600 Casavant, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S 8E3, Canada
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 95:745-56. 2012..This study provides preliminary data for producers of probiotics who wish to use air-drying in replacement of freeze-drying for the stabilization of cultures...
- Effect of fermentation by pure and mixed cultures of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus helveticus on isoflavone and B-vitamin content of a fermented soy beverageClaude P Champagne
Food R and D Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada AAFC, 3600 Casavant, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S8E3, Canada
Food Microbiol 27:968-72. 2010..longum R0175 had no significant effect on isoflavone levels. Combining a S. thermophilus strain with a L. helveticus culture reduced the effectiveness of the latter. Fermentation did not significantly modify vitamin B1 or B6 levels...
- The determination of viable counts in probiotic cultures microencapsulated by spray-coatingClaude P Champagne
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
Food Microbiol 27:1104-11. 2010..The presence of fat in the ME product, or when added to the rehydration medium, improved CFU counts of B. longum but not of L. rhamnosus...
- Enumeration of the contaminating bacterial microbiota in unfermented pasteurized milks enriched with probiotic bacteriaC P Champagne
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Food Research and Development Centre, 3600 Casavant Blvd West, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S 8E3, Canada
Can J Microbiol 55:410-8. 2009..rhamnosus Lb-Immuni-T and B. animalis subsp. lactis BB-12...
- Recommendations for the viability assessment of probiotics as concentrated cultures and in food matricesClaude P Champagne
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Food Research and Development Centre, 3600 Casavant Blvd, St Hyacinthe, QC Canada J2S 8E3
Int J Food Microbiol 149:185-93. 2011..Although the recommendations specifically target the analysis of probiotics, many will apply to the analysis of commercial lactic starter cultures used in food fermentations as well...
- The growth and recovery of an exopolysaccharide-producing Lactobacillus rhamnosus culture on growth media containing apple juice or molassesClaude P Champagne
Food Research and Development Center, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
J Gen Appl Microbiol 54:237-41. 2008
- Microencapsulation for the improved delivery of bioactive compounds into foodsClaude P Champagne
Food R and D Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600 Casavant, Street Hyacinthe QC, J2S 8E3 Canada
Curr Opin Biotechnol 18:184-90. 2007..Future research is likely to focus on aspects of delivery and the potential use of co-encapsulation methodologies, where two or more bioactive ingredients can be combined to have a synergistic effect...
- Growth and morphology of thermophilic dairy starters in alginate beadsLaurence Lamboley
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600, Casavant Blvd West, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada J2S 8E3
J Gen Appl Microbiol 49:205-14. 2003..helveticus appeared wider. In addition, cells of Lb. bulgaricus were curved and elongated. These morphological changes would also impair the growth of immobilized lactobacilli...
- Antimicrobial action of hydrolyzed chitosan against spoilage yeasts and lactic acid bacteria of fermented vegetablesTony Savard
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec
J Food Prot 65:828-33. 2002..When chitosanase was added to the culture media containing chitosan-lactate, refractive substances could not be observed...
- Challenges in the addition of probiotic cultures to foodsClaude P Champagne
Food Research and Development Center, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 45:61-84. 2005....
- The use of flow cytometry to accurately ascertain total and viable counts of Lactobacillus rhamnosus in chocolateYves Raymond
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, 3600 Casavant, Canada
Food Microbiol 46:176-83. 2015..FCT data can serve to identify the correct inoculation level of a sample, and viable counts (FCV or CFU) can subsequently be better interpreted...
- Effect of bovine colostrum, cheese whey, and spray-dried porcine plasma on the in vitro growth of probiotic bacteria and Escherichia coliClaude P Champagne
a Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Que, Canada
Can J Microbiol 60:287-95. 2014..coli...