- Rationale and design of the Patient Related OuTcomes with Endeavor versus Cypher stenting Trial (PROTECT): randomized controlled trial comparing the incidence of stent thrombosis and clinical events after sirolimus or zotarolimus drug-eluting stent implan
Cardiology Department, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Am Heart J 158:902-909.e5. 2009
..This large, international, randomized, controlled trial will provide important information on comparative rates of stent thrombosis between 2 different DES systems and safety as assessed by patient-relevant long-term clinical outcomes...
- Stent thrombosis and major clinical events at 3 years after zotarolimus-eluting or sirolimus-eluting coronary stent implantation: a randomised, multicentre, open-label, controlled trial
University of Geneva, Switzerland
Lancet 380:1396-405. 2012
- Stent thrombosis late after implantation of first-generation drug-eluting stents: a cause for concern
University of Geneva, 1 rue Michel-Servet, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Circulation 115:1440-55; discussion 1455. 2007
- Coronary myocardial bridge: an innocent bystander?
Robert F Bonvini
Cardiology Center, University Hospital of Geneva, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Heart Vessels 23:67-70. 2008
- Intimal smooth muscle cells of porcine and human coronary artery express S100A4, a marker of the rhomboid phenotype in vitro
Anne C Brisset
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Circ Res 100:1055-62. 2007
..It is also a marker of a large population of human atheromatous and restenotic SMCs. Clarifying S100A4 function might be useful to understand the evolution of atherosclerotic and restenotic processes...
- Subendocardial calcification leading to the fortuitous discovery of a rare coronary anomaly
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Cardiol 29:374. 2006
- High-risk left main coronary stenting supported by percutaneous left ventricular assist device
Robert Francis Bonvini
Cardiology Department, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:209-12. 2005
..This case illustrates a successful distal left main coronary artery V-stenting supported by the Tandem Heart in a patient with severe left ventricular dysfunction, severe aortic stenosis, and refractory myocardial ischemia...
- Site-specific intracoronary delivery of octreotide in humans: a pharmacokinetic study to determine dose-efficacy in restenosis prevention
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, University of Geneva, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 43:133-9. 2004
..This approach is proposed for the determination of the appropriate site-specific coronary infusion dose for the inhibition of restenosis after balloon angioplasty...
- Vascular responses at proximal and distal edges of paclitaxel-eluting stents: serial intravascular ultrasound analysis from the TAXUS II trial
Patrick W Serruys
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 109:627-33. 2004
..We used serial intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) to prospectively analyze vessel responses in adjacent reference segments after implantation of polymer-controlled paclitaxel-eluting stents...
- Inhibition of restenosis with a paclitaxel-eluting, polymer-free coronary stent: the European evaLUation of pacliTaxel Eluting Stent (ELUTES) trial
Department of Cardiology, University Hospitals of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Circulation 109:487-93. 2004
..CONCLUSIONS: Paclitaxel applied directly to the abluminal surface of a bare metal coronary stent, at a dose density of 2.7 microg/mm2, reduced angiographic indicators of in-stent restenosis without short- or medium-term side effects...
- An Internet-based registry examining the efficacy of heparin coating in patients undergoing coronary stent implantation
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
Am Heart J 150:1171-6. 2005
..Heparin coating is an attractive alternative to counterbalance intrinsic stent thrombogenicity and to decrease the incidence of stent thrombosis...
- Treatment of in-stent restenosis--back to the future?
N Engl J Med 355:2149-51. 2006
- DES, not always the best!
Crit Care Med 32:2166; author reply 2166. 2004
- Comparison of neointimal formation in polymer-free paclitaxel stents versus stainless stents (from the ASPECT and ELUTES randomized clinical trials)
Grzegorz L Kałuza
The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:199-201. 2004
..05). Also, significantly shorter lesion lengths at 6-month follow-up were observed for the doses of 0.7 to 3.1 microg/mm(2) (p <0.03) relative to their respective lengths before the procedure compared with control stents...