- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of small bowel wall in childhood: Report of a case and a review of the literature
N C Demirkan
Department of Pathology, Pamukkale University School of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:47-9. 2001
..A review of the literature for this rare entity emphasizes the importance of histological confirmation of its benign nature. Because of the risk of local recurrence, IMT cases should have a long-term follow up...
- Value of p53 protein in biological behavior of basal cell carcinoma and in normal epithelia adjacent to carcinomas
N C Demirkan
Department of Pathology, Pamukkale University, 269 sok No 46 8 Ucyol, Izmir, 35280, Turkey
Pathol Oncol Res 6:272-4. 2000
..Results of the study suggest that the increasein p53 mutation frequency of morphologically normal epidermis was related to age and was independent of the degree of differentiation of BCC...
- [Correlation of histological classifications of gastric carcinomas with location and prognosis]
Nese Calli Demirkan
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU du Pamukkale, Denizli, Turquie
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 26:610-5. 2002
..To evaluate the prognostic impact of different histological classifications of gastric adenocarcinoma...
- Preoperative and postoperative cardiac and clinical findings of patients with adenotonsillar hypertrophy
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Mersin School of Medicine, Fatih mah Babil cad, Girne sitesi D blok No 1 1, Mezitli, 33170, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 59:41-6. 2001
..Our aim was to determine if there was any detectable clinical and cardiac changes in hypertrophied adenotonsillary disease with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and to demonstrate the curative effect of adenotonsillectomy on these patients...
- Ringer-Lactate solution versus isotonic saline solution on mucociliary function after nasal septal surgery
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
J Laryngol Otol 115:796-7. 2001
..05). In conclusion, it is better to use Ringer-Lactate solution instead of 0.9 per cent saline solution for nasal irrigation...
- Proton MRS in Behçet's disease with and without neurological findings
Department of Radiology, Inonu University School of Medicine, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Neuroradiology 45:860-4. 2003
..MRS can be used to assess brain involvement in BD even if structural changes are absent...
- Prevalence and comorbidity of allergic eczema, rhinitis, and asthma in a city in western Turkey
Department of Pediatric Allergy and Pulmonology, Celal Bayar University, Manisa, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 18:31-5. 2008
..Allergic diseases co-occur in many patients. There is no published population-based epidemiologic study about allergic diseases in Turkey...
- Serum magnesium, copper, and zinc alterations following spinal fusion
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Medical Faculty of Dokuz Eylil University, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 80:33-42. 2001
..It will be worthy to evaluate the patients who were sent to the intensive care unit after spinal surgery and compare their results with the other intensive care patients...