- Risk factors for oral allergy syndrome in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis
Gulhane Military Medical Academy and School of Medicine, Gulhane Training Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e312-6. 2011
..Predisposing factors for OAS are not well known in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis...
- Misuse of a herb: stinging nettle (Urtica urens) induced severe tongue oedema
Department of Allergy, , Ankara, Turkey
Complement Ther Med 12:57-8. 2004
- Skin test positivity to aeroallergens in the patients with chronic urticaria without allergic respiratory disease
Department Allergy, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkiye
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 14:50-4. 2004
..Furthermore, the rate of skin reactivity to other aeroallergens was not different from healthy controls. Urticaria as a sole clinical manifestation in mite sensitive patients was unusual...
- Recurrent urticaria lesions in a heparin-allergic patient: most likely another form of "recall urticaria"
GATA Allerjik Hastaliklar BD, Ankara, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:78-80. 2005
..In this report we describe a female patient with a history of heparin allergy and recurrent urticaria lesions at definite locations where the heparin injections were administered previously...
- A successful pregnancy and uncomplicated labor with C1INH concentrate prophylaxis in a patient with hereditary angioedema
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Allergy, GATA Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 35:117-9. 2007
..Although, the disease has a relatively benign course during pregnancy, maternal mortality has been reported. We present a HAE patient with recurrent attacks during pregnancy, but uncomplicated labor under C1INH concentrate prophylaxis...
- Awareness of allergy patients about herbal remedies: a cross-sectional study of residents of Ankara, Turkey
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Allergy, Ankara, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 38:78-82. 2010
..The objective of this questionnaire-based study was to determine the rate of herbal use in allergy clinic outpatients as well as to explore patient knowledge...
- Is allergenic similarity predictable in respiratory allergies?
Department Internal Medicine and Division of Allergy, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 36:59-65. 2008
..First degree relatives of patients with allergic diseases are at increased risk of having the disorder. However, it is not clear whether two such related patients with allergic diseases are sensitive to the same antigens or not...
- The role of ace gene polymorphism in the development of angioedema secondary to angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers
Department Internal Medicine and Division of Allergy Gülhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 36:134-40. 2008
..The polymorphism of the ACE gene is based on the presence or absence of a 287-bp element on intron 16 on chromosome 17. The plasma level of ACE is related to gene polymorphism. ACE level in genotype DD is double that in genotype II...
- Levothyroxine versus ketotifen in the treatment of patients with chronic urticaria and thyroid autoimmunity
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Allergic Diseases, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
J Dermatolog Treat 13:165-72. 2002
..Thyroid hormone replacement therapy has previously been discussed as a feasible therapeutic approach in patients with chronic urticaria and/or angio-oedema (CUA) and thyroid autoimmunity (TA)...
- A case of textile dermatitis due to disperse blue on the surgical wound
Division of Immunology and Allergic Diseases, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 31:101-3. 2012
..In this report, we emphasize the importance of detailed questioning of patients and that contact dermatitis should be considered potential cause of dermatitis at skin sites where the barrier function is compromised...
- Nonpigmenting solitary fixed drug eruption after skin testing and intra-articular injection of triamcinolone acetonide
Department of Allergy, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 86:335-6. 2001
..Although several medications have been reported to cause fixed drug eruption (FDE) reactions, triamcinolone acetonide has not been previously described as an offending agent...
- Not all food additive related reactions originate from commercial foods: chronic urticaria due to home-made canned tomato
Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical Faculty, Department of Allergy, Ankara, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:153-5. 2005
..In this report, we describe a patient with chronic urticaria due to home-made canned tomato prepared using "tomato drug" as a "safe (!)" additive...
- Erythropoietic protoporphyria with antinuclear antibody positivity: avoiding misdiagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus
Department of Internal Medicine, , Ankara, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 10:47-8. 2000
..To our knowledge, this report is the first case showing the coexistence of Kallmann's syndrome and erythropoietic protoporphyria. As yet, the clinical importance of this association remains unknown...
- Evaluation of vascular injury with proinflammatory cytokines, thrombomodulin and fibronectin in patients with primary fibromyalgia
Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Department of Rheumatology, Ankara, Turkey
Nagoya J Med Sci 63:115-22. 2000
..These findings are suggestive of vascular injury...
- Not all ACE inhibitor related angioedema is always evident: a case which is misdiagnosed as panic attack and speech disorder
Specialist in Allergy and Pediatrics Ankara Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 35:278-9. 2007
..We present a case an ACE inhibitor induced angioedema that confused many clinical events...
- Serum leptin levels and lipid profiles in patients with allergic rhinitis and mild asthma
Department Internal Medicine and Division of Allergy Gülhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School Ankara Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 35:232-8. 2007
..Only a few studies have been performed to investigate the serum leptin levels in allergic rhinitis and asthma, and contradictory results have been observed...