- Patient's views on depression care in obstetric settings: how do they compare to the views of perinatal health care professionals?
Department of Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655 Electronic address
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:598-604. 2013
..We also compare the views of patients and perinatal health care professionals...
- Community mental health provider reluctance to provide pharmacotherapy may be a barrier to addressing perinatal depression: a preliminary study
Department of Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Massachusetts Medical School UMass Memorial Health Care, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, MA, 01655, USA
Psychiatr Q 84:169-74. 2013
..Community mental health provider and pharmacist training are needed to mitigate precipitous discontinuation of treatment and to improve access to pharmacotherapy for perinatal women...
- Strategies for improving perinatal depression treatment in North American outpatient obstetric settings
Department of Psychiatry and Ob Gyn, UMass Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 33:143-61. 2012
..To identify core barriers and facilitators to addressing perinatal depression and review clinical, programmatic, and system level interventions that may optimize perinatal depression treatment...
- Antidepressant use in pregnancy: a critical review focused on risks and controversies
Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychosomatic Medicine, Women s Mental Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School UMass Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 127:94-114. 2013
- Relationships between multiple sclerosis and depression
Dept of Psychosomatic Medicine Emergency Mental Health, UMass Memorial Health Care, the Center for Psychopharmacologic Research and Treatment, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 23:198-200. 2011
..Lifetime prevalence of MDD was 59%; 14% of subjects reported MDD as a prodrome to MS, and 10% reported a resulting delay in MS diagnosis...
- Women's perspectives on postpartum depression screening in pediatric settings: a preliminary study
Department of Psychiatry and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Massachusetts Medical School UMass Memorial Medical Health Care, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, MA, 01655, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 16:429-32. 2013
..Participants recommended non-stigmatizing approaches to depression screening/referral. Future PPD screening efforts should leverage the pediatrician-mother relationship to mitigate mothers' fears and encourage help-seeking...
- Polypharmacy prevalence rates in the treatment of unipolar depression in an outpatient clinic
Massachusetts General Hospital McLean Hospital Psychiatry Residency Training Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Affect Disord 117:18-23. 2009
..Therefore, it is important to understand the effects of polypharmacy on efficacy of treatment as well as whether polypharmacy is instituted after appropriate initial monotherapy trials. This study attempts to answer these questions...