- Malariometric indices from Iganga, Uganda: baseline characterization in preparation of GMZ2 vaccine trial
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Res Notes 7:793. 2014
..This study determined the following baseline malariometric indices: spleen rates, bed net use, malaria parasitaemia and malaria episodes in an inception cohort of children aged 12 - 60 months in Iganga district, Uganda...
- Musculoskeletal pain and school bag use: a cross-sectional study among Ugandan pupils
Erisa S Mwaka
Anatomy Department, School of Biomedical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, P O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Res Notes 7:222. 2014
..This study set out to determine the prevalence of low back and other musculoskeletal pains and describe their relationship with schoolbag use in pupils...
- Informed consent practices for surgical care at university teaching hospitals: a case in a low resource setting
Anatomy Department, School of Biomedical Sciences Makerere University, P, O 7072, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Med Ethics 15:40. 2014
..The objective of the study was to evaluate the informed consent practices of surgeons at University teaching Hospitals in a low resource setting...
- Cotrimoxazole Prophylaxis Specifically Selects for Cotrimoxazole Resistance in Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus with Varied Polymorphisms in the Target Genes folA and folP
Department of Anatomy, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, P O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Int J Microbiol 2012:916129. 2012
..mutans, but this could not be linked to sulfonamide drug resistance. No variation was seen in folP or folA genes of S. sobrinus. Genetic transfer of folate pathway genes seems unlikely in these isolates...
- Prediction of width of un-erupted incisors, canines and premolars in a Ugandan population: a cross sectional study
Department of Anatomy, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Oral Health 12:23. 2012
- Moyer's method of mixed dentition analysis: a meta-analysis
Makerere University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Anatomy, PO Box 7072, Kampala
Afr Health Sci 4:63-6. 2004
..The applicability of tables derived from the data Moyer used to other ethnic groups has been doubted. However no meta-analyses have been done to statistically prove this...
- Weight, height and eruption times of permanent teeth of children aged 4-15 years in Kampala, Uganda
Department of Dentistry College of Health sciences, Makerere University, P, O, Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Oral Health 13:15. 2013
..In this study we set out to determine the timing of eruption of permanent teeth and assess its association with the height and weight of school children aged 4-15 years in Kampala, Uganda...
- Root and canal morphology of mandibular first and second permanent molar teeth in a Ugandan population
Charles Mugisha Rwenyonyi
Department of Dentistry, Makerere University, P O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Odontology 97:92-6. 2009
..Type I and IV canal configurations were predominant in the distal and mesial roots, respectively, of both the first and second molars...
- Accreditation in a sub Saharan medical school: a case study at Makerere University
Department of Surgery, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Med Educ 13:73. 2013
..This analysis paper highlights the process of standard defining for Medical Education in a typically low resourced sub Saharan medial school environment...
- Assessment of factors associated with dental caries in rural communities in Rakai District, Uganda
Charles Mugisha Rwenyonyi
Department of Dentistry, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, P O Box 7072, Kampala, Uganda
Clin Oral Investig 15:75-80. 2011
..Caries prevalence and severity were relatively low in this population. Although a number of independent variables were significantly associated with caries they gave a modest overall multivariate model...