- Public health implications from COGS and potential for risk stratification and screening
PHG Foundation Foundation for Genomics and Population Health, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 45:349-51. 2013
..Implementing such strategies would require attention to the use and storage of genetic information, the development of risk assessment tools, new protocols for consent and programs of professional education and public engagement...
- Developing stakeholder involvement for introducing public health genomics into public policy
PHG Foundation, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Public Health Genomics 12:11-9. 2009
..For specific projects in PHG, however, the question of who to involve and how must be addressed according to the work in question...
- Mainstreaming genetics: a comparative review of clinical services for inherited cardiovascular conditions in the UK
Foundation for Genomics and Population Health, Cambridge, UK
Public Health Genomics 13:235-45. 2010
..Finally, the international relevance of this review is considered...
- Professional education and training in public health genomics: a working policy developed on behalf of the public health genomics European network
PHG Foundation, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
Public Health Genomics 12:216-24. 2009
- A new strategic phase for genomic medicine in UK health services
PHG Foundation, 2 Worts Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 8RN, UK
Genome Med 1:93. 2009
..This commentary responds to the report's call for a new health service strategy, including a new genetics White Paper from the Government, and suggests some of the important elements that need further consideration...
- Genetics in ophthalmology: equity in service provision?
Foundation for Genomics and Population Health, Wort s Causeway, Cambridge, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 32:259-66. 2010
..We investigate the equity of specialist provision in the UK and make recommendations for service development...
- Inherited cardiovascular conditions: the challenges of genomic medicine
PHG Foundation, 2 Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Heart 96:474-6. 2010
..The report will also be of relevance internationally, wherever cardiologists and geneticists aim to provide care for these patients and their families...
- A Toolkit to assess health needs for congenital disorders in low- and middle-income countries: an instrument for public health action
L C Nacul
Foundation for Genomics and Population Health, 2 Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 36:243-50. 2014
..Responding to this call, we have developed a freely available web-accessible Toolkit for assessing health needs for congenital disorders...
- Stratified cancer screening: the practicalities of implementation
PHG Foundation, Cambridge, UK
Public Health Genomics 16:94-9. 2013
..Little attention has so far been given to the implementation of stratified screening. This article reviews the issues that would arise in delivering such tailored approaches to prevention in practice...
- Implementing risk-stratified screening for common cancers: a review of potential ethical, legal and social issues
A E Hall
PHG Foundation Foundation for Genomics and Population Health, 2 Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 36:285-91. 2014
..As scientific, clinical and economic evidence mounts there will be increasing pressure for risk-stratified screening programmes to be implemented...
- Genomic medicine: challenges and opportunities for physicians
Foundation for Genomics and Population Health, Cambridge
Clin Med 12:416-9. 2012
..This article highlights the significant opportunities that genomics brings to healthcare, as well as some of the practical and ethical challenges...
- Review of specialist dietitian services in patients with inherited metabolic disease in the United Kingdom
Public Health Genetics Unit, Cambridge, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 20:84-92; quiz 92-4. 2007
..The aim of this work was to describe the provision of specialist dietetics to patients with IMD as part of a national needs assessment and review...