- Office spirometry significantly improves early detection of COPD in general practice: the DIDASCO Study
Department of General Practice, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium
Chest 125:1394-9. 2004
..To determine if spirometry is essential for the early detection of COPD in general practice, compared to the screening value of a short questionnaire...
- Spirometry and smoking cessation advice in general practice: a randomised clinical trial
Department of General Practice, Academisch Centrum voor Huisartsgeneeskunde, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 33 Blok J, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Respir Med 100:2012-7. 2006
..To assess the success rate of smoking cessation with the "minimal intervention strategy" in general practice, and to determine the influence of spirometry on this success rate...
- Differential diagnosis in a primary care population with presumed airway obstruction: a real-life study
Department of General Practice, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Respiration 84:44-54. 2012
..Objectives: To determine the diagnostic accuracy for asthma and COPD of a series of diagnostic steps in a population older than 40 years with probable obstructive airway disease (OAD) in primary care...
- Diagnostic certainty, co-morbidity and medication in a primary care population with presumed airway obstruction: the DIDASCO2 study
Department of General Practice, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Prim Care Respir J 18:34-40. 2009
..To document the rate of diagnostic certainty, co-morbidity and use of medication in patients with presumed obstructive airway disease (OAD) in a primary care setting...
- Continuous versus on-demand pharmacotherapy of allergic rhinitis: evidence and practice
Research Centre for Pharmaceutical Care and Pharmaco economics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Onderwijs en Navorsing 2, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Respir Med 104:615-25. 2010
..With regard to the cost and cost-effectiveness implications of continuous therapy versus on-demand therapy, more studies are necessary before definitive conclusions may be made...
- Technical and functional assessment of 10 office spirometers: A multicenter comparative study
Pneumology Unit, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Avenue Hippocrate 10, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Chest 130:657-65. 2006
..To investigate the technical properties and user friendliness of 10 office spirometers devoted for use in general practice, and to compare the results with standard diagnostic spirometers...