- The health impact of supportive housing for HIV-positive homeless patients: a randomized controlled trial
John Stroger Hospital of Cook County formerly Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL, and Rush University, Chicago, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S675-80. 2009
..We assessed the health impact of a housing and case management program, the Chicago Housing for Health Partnership, for homeless people with HIV...
- Effect of a housing and case management program on emergency department visits and hospitalizations among chronically ill homeless adults: a randomized trial
Laura S Sadowski
Collaborative Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Stroger Hospital of Cook County, 1900 W Polk St, Room 1606, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
JAMA 301:1771-8. 2009
..Homeless adults, especially those with chronic medical illnesses, are frequent users of costly medical services, especially emergency department and hospital services...
- Documenting attitude changes towards homeless people: comparing two standardised surveys
John Stroger Hospital of Cook County, and Department of Medicine, Rush University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Med Educ 41:346-8. 2007
..Although these surveys have similar goals, it is not clear which is superior for documenting attitude changes among doctors in training...
- The effects of respite care for homeless patients: a cohort study
Department of Medicine at Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1278-81. 2006
..Respite care provides homeless individuals with housing and services allowing more complete recovery from illnesses and stabilization of chronic conditions...
- Changing attitudes toward homeless people
Department of Medicine, John Stroger Hospital of Cook County Rush University, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:566-8. 2004
..After the course, residents also reported an increased interest in volunteering with homeless populations on an anonymous survey...