- A perspective on testing of existing pharmaceutical excipients for genotoxic impurities
David J Brusick
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 55:200-4. 2009
..This report is an attempt to put such recommendations into the proper perspective regarding the likelihood of protecting or improving public health...
- Critical assessment of the genetic toxicity of naphthalene
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 51:S37-42. 2008
..Based on the data reviewed in this report, it is not apparent that genetic lesions produced by naphthalene or any of its metabolites drive the tumorigenic activity...
- Possible genotoxic modes of action for naphthalene
Department of Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 51:S43-50. 2008
..The report also outlines a set of six studies that could resolve some of these key uncertainties...
- A critical review of the genetic toxicity of steviol and steviol glycosides
D J Brusick
Brusick Consultancy, 123 Moody Creek Road, Bumpass, VA 23024, United States
Food Chem Toxicol 46:S83-91. 2008
..Application of a Weight-of-Evidence approach to assess the genetic toxicology database concludes that these substances do not pose a risk of genetic damage following human consumption...
- Expert panel report on a study of Splenda in male rats
Independent Consultant, 123 Moody Creek Rd, Bumpass, VA 23024, USA
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 55:6-12. 2009
..The study conclusions are not consistent with published literature and not supported by the data presented...
- The absence of genotoxicity of sucralose
Toxicology Consultant, Bumpass, VA 23024, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 48:3067-72. 2010
..All results were evaluated as negative. These results support the overall conclusion by regulatory and heath agencies that sucralose is safe for its intended use...
- Analysis of genotoxicity and the carcinogenic mode of action for ortho-phenylphenol
Covance Laboratories, Vienna, Virginia 22182, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 45:460-81. 2005
..It is possible that this threshold-dependent clastogenicity could contribute to the carcinogenic mode of action for OPP or SOPP...
- A review of the genotoxicity of ethylbenzene
Henderson Scientific Consultancy, Cuddington, Cheshire CW82UT, UK
Mutat Res 635:81-9. 2007
..The available data from the standard battery of genotoxicity assays do not support a genotoxic mechanism for ethylbenzene-induced kidney, liver or lung tumors in rats and mice...