Affiliation: Fraunhofer IME-TMP
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Duitsland
- de Bruin N, van Luijtelaar E, Cools A, Ellenbroek B. Auditory information processing in rat genotypes with different dopaminergic properties. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001;156:352-9 pubmed..On the basis of these results we have concluded that both auditory filtering processes are differently regulated by DA in the nigrostriatal and mesolimbic systems. ..
- de Bruin N, Ellenbroek B, van Schaijk W, Cools A, Coenen A, van Luijtelaar E. Sensory gating of auditory evoked potentials in rats: effects of repetitive stimulation and the interstimulus interval. Biol Psychol. 2001;55:195-213 pubmed..The ISI effects on gating are due to an increase of the amplitude to S2. The results have implications for the discussion about the rat homologue of the human P50. ..
- De Bruin N, Fransen F, Duytschaever H, Grantham C, Megens A. Attentional performance of (C57BL/6Jx129Sv)F2 mice in the five-choice serial reaction time task. Physiol Behav. 2006;89:692-703 pubmed..This offers the opportunity to test transgenic and knockout mice with similar background as the B6129F2 as animal models of psychiatric and neurological diseases. ..
- de Bruin N, Pouzet B. Beneficial effects of galantamine on performance in the object recognition task in Swiss mice: deficits induced by scopolamine and by prolonging the retention interval. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2006;85:253-60 pubmed..In conclusion, galantamine was shown to possess memory-enhancing effects in two conditions that reduced object discrimination: scopolamine-induced deficits and when a longer retention interval was used. ..
- de Bruin N, Ellenbroek B, Cools A, Coenen A, van Luijtelaar E. Differential effects of ketamine on gating of auditory evoked potentials and prepulse inhibition in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1999;142:9-17 pubmed..Secondly, PPI and the C-T paradigm reflect distinct inhibitory sensory processes, since both paradigms are differentially influenced by ketamine. ..
- den Boon F, Body S, Hampson C, Bradshaw C, Szabadi E, de Bruin N. Effects of amisulpride and aripiprazole on progressive-ratio schedule performance: comparison with clozapine and haloperidol. J Psychopharmacol. 2012;26:1231-43 pubmed publisher..Amisulpride produced a short-lived enhancement, followed by a long-lasting reduction, of reinforcer value. Both drugs impaired motor performance. ..
- De Bruin N, van Drimmelen M, Kops M, Van Elk J, Wetering M, Schwienbacher I. Effects of risperidone, clozapine and the 5-HT6 antagonist GSK-742457 on PCP-induced deficits in reversal learning in the two-lever operant task in male Sprague Dawley rats. Behav Brain Res. 2013;244:15-28 pubmed publisher..The lowest dose of GSK-742457 (0.63 mg/kg) fully reversed the PCP-induced deficits while the higher dose (5.0 mg/kg) had an intermediate effect. ..
- De Bruin N, Kiliaan A, De Wilde M, Broersen L. Combined uridine and choline administration improves cognitive deficits in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2003;80:63-79 pubmed..A combination of uridine and choline administration improved selective attention and spatial learning in SHR. ..
- De Bruin N, Kloeze B, McCreary A. The 5-HT? serotonin receptor antagonist SB-271046 attenuates the development and expression of nicotine-induced locomotor sensitisation in Wistar rats. Neuropharmacology. 2011;61:451-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to substantiate this conclusion and further understand the role of 5-HT(6) receptors in addiction. ..
- De Bruin N, Prickaerts J, van Loevezijn A, Venhorst J, de Groote L, Houba P, et al. Two novel 5-HT6 receptor antagonists ameliorate scopolamine-induced memory deficits in the object recognition and object location tasks in Wistar rats. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2011;96:392-402 pubmed publisher..This suggests that these compounds could have potential as monotherapy, but also as adjunctive therapy in patients with AD treated with common treatments such as donepezil. ..
- Lange J, Venhorst J, van Dongen M, Frankena J, Bassissi F, de Bruin N, et al. Biophysical and physicochemical methods differentiate highly ligand-efficient human D-amino acid oxidase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2011;46:4808-19 pubmed publisher..The presented holistic approach is anticipated to facilitate the identification of compounds with best-in-class properties at an early research stage. ..
- Przewłocka B, Lason W, Turchan J, de Bruin N, van Luijtelaar G, Przewłocki R, et al. Anatomical and functional aspects of mu opioid receptors in epileptic WAG/Rij rats. Epilepsy Res. 1998;29:167-73 pubmed
- De Bruin N, McCreary A, van Loevezijn A, de Vries T, Venhorst J, van Drimmelen M, et al. A novel highly selective 5-HT6 receptor antagonist attenuates ethanol and nicotine seeking but does not affect inhibitory response control in Wistar rats. Behav Brain Res. 2013;236:157-65 pubmed publisher..Specifically, we demonstrated for the first time effects on nicotine self-administration and on nicotine and ethanol reinstatement. Further, these effects are probably not mediated by effects on impulse control. ..
- De Bruin N, van Loevezijn A, Wicke K, de Haan M, Venhorst J, Lange J, et al. The selective 5-HT6 receptor antagonist SLV has putative cognitive- and social interaction enhancing properties in rodent models of cognitive impairment. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2016;133:100-117 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SLV was investigated in several rodent animal models and found to be effective at a least effective dose (LED) of 20mg/kg and 10mg/kg (p.o.) in the rat and the mouse, respectively. ..
- De Bruin N, Schmitz K, Schiffmann S, Tafferner N, Schmidt M, Jordan H, et al. Multiple rodent models and behavioral measures reveal unexpected responses to FTY720 and DMF in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Behav Brain Res. 2016;300:160-74 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that improvements in behavioral deficits can occur in absence of clinical scores, which indicate subtle drug effects and may have translational value for human MS. ..