- The lipid accumulation product for the early prediction of gestational insulin resistance and glucose dysregulation
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montre al, ECOGENE 21 and Lipid Clinic, Chicoutimi Hospital, Saguenay, Quebec, Canada
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:362-7. 2013
..Among women without a history of gestational diabetes, we tested the association between the lipid accumulation product (LAP) obtained in early pregnancy and glucose dysregulation or insulin resistance in the second trimester...
- The "hypertriglyceridemic waist" phenotype and glucose intolerance in pregnancy
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
CMAJ 182:E722-5. 2010
..Our study aimed to assess the association between the hyper-triglyceridemic-waist phenotype in early pregnancy and glucose intolerance in later pregnancy...
- IGF2 DNA methylation is a modulator of newborn's fetal growth and development
Department of Pediatrics, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, QC, Canada
Epigenetics 7:1125-32. 2012
..IGF2/H19 DNA methylation could represent a cornerstone in linking birth weight and fetal metabolic programming of late onset obesity...
- Etiology and risk of lactescent plasma and severe hypertriglyceridemia
Department of Medicine, Université de Montréal and ECOGENE 21 Clinical Research Center, Chicoutimi Hospital, Pavillon des Augustines 5th Floor, 225, St Vallier Street, Chicoutimi QC, Canada, G7H 7P2
J Clin Lipidol 5:37-44. 2011
..Plasma lactescence is a clinical sign of severe hypertriglyceridemia (hyperTG; TG >10 mmol/L), which is likely to be observed more frequently in the next decades because of the growing prevalence of obesity and diabetes worldwide...
- Contribution of adiponectin to the cardiometabolic risk of postmenopausal women with loss-of-function lipoprotein lipase gene mutations
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, ECOGENE 21 Clinical Research Center, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada
Menopause 18:558-62. 2011
..The objective of this study was to evaluate the contribution of plasma adiponectin to the cardiometabolic status of women with loss-of-function LPL gene variants (LPLD)...
- Relation of the "hypertriglyceridemic waist" phenotype to earlier manifestations of coronary artery disease in patients with glucose intolerance and type 2 diabetes mellitus
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, University of Montreal Community Genomic Medicine Center and Lipid Clinic, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 99:369-73. 2007
- Association between salivary pH and metabolic syndrome in women: a cross-sectional study
Universite de Montreal, Department of Medicine, ECOGENE 21 Clinical Research Center Chicoutimi Hospital, 305 St Vallier Street, Chicoutimi Québec, Saguenay, Canada
BMC Oral Health 12:40. 2012
..The objective of this study was therefore to document the association between salivary pH and MetS expression in women according to the menopausal status...
- Identification of a chromosome 8p locus for early-onset coronary heart disease in a French Canadian population
James C Engert
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Hum Genet 16:105-14. 2008
..In conclusion, a genome-wide scan and additional fine mapping provide evidence for a locus on chromosome 8 that contributes to CHD in a French Canadian population...
- Placental adiponectin gene DNA methylation levels are associated with mothers' blood glucose concentration
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes 61:1272-80. 2012
..Because adiponectin is suspected to have insulin-sensitizing proprieties, these epigenetic adaptations have the potential to induce sustained glucose metabolism changes in the mother and offspring later in life...
- Comparison of the efficacy of fibrates on hypertriglyceridemic phenotypes with different genetic and clinical characteristics
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, ECOGENE 21 and Lipid Clinic, Chicoutimi Hospital, Saguenay, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacogenet Genomics 20:742-7. 2010
..Hypertriglyceridemia is a frequent and heterogeneous clinical trait, which modulates the risk of disease. Fibrates constitute an effective class of triglyceride-lowering agents...
- Leptin gene epigenetic adaptation to impaired glucose metabolism during pregnancy
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 33:2436-41. 2010
..To verify whether the leptin gene epigenetic (DNA methylation) profile is altered in the offspring of mothers with gestational impaired glucose tolerance (IGT)...
- Epigenetic dysregulation of the IGF system in placenta of newborns exposed to maternal impaired glucose tolerance
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Epigenomics 6:193-207. 2014
- Medical resource use and costs associated with chylomicronemia
Ecogene 21 Clinical Research Center and Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Med Econ 16:657-66. 2013
- Association of common polymorphisms in the fractalkine receptor (CX3CR1) with obesity
Departement des Sciences Fondamentales, Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi, Saguenay, Quebec, Canada
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:222-7. 2011
..029). This study suggests that CX3CR1, a biomarker of obesity in this sample, constitutes a potential target for further investigation of the role of inflammation in the expression of obesity-related phenotypes...
- Effect of alipogene tiparvovec (AAV1-LPL(S447X)) on postprandial chylomicron metabolism in lipoprotein lipase-deficient patients
Andre C Carpentier
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:1635-44. 2012
- A study in familial hypercholesterolemia suggests reduced methylomic plasticity in men with coronary artery disease
Simon Pierre Guay
Department of Biochemistry, Universite de Sherbrooke, University Affiliated Chicoutimi Hospital, 305 rue St Vallier, Saguenay, Quebec G7H 5H6, Canada
Epigenomics 7:17-34. 2015
..To assess whether DNA methylation is associated with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Effect of apolipoprotein E, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and lipoprotein lipase gene mutations on the ability of fenofibrate to improve lipid profiles and reach clinical guideline targets among hypertriglyceridemic patients
Community Genomic Medicine Centre, University of Montreal, Chicoutimi Hospital, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacogenetics 12:313-20. 2002
..This study suggests that frequent genetic variations in genes encoding proteins involved in TG-rich lipoprotein metabolism could modulate the response to fenofibrate treatment, as defined in clinical guidelines...
- Genetic analysis of 103 candidate genes for coronary artery disease and associated phenotypes in a founder population reveals a new association between endothelin-1 and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 80:673-82. 2007
..Using an independent validation sample of 806 individuals, we confirm the EDN1 association (P<.005), whereas the LCAT association was nonsignificant (P=.12)...
- Metabolic syndrome and oral markers of cardiometabolic risk
Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi QC, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 77:b125. 2011
- Salivary pH as a marker of plasma adiponectin concentrations in Women
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, ECOGENE 21 and Lipid Clinic, Chicoutimi Hospital, Saguenay, QC, Canada
Diabetol Metab Syndr 4:4. 2012
- Low plasma adiponectin exacerbates the risk of premature coronary artery disease in familial hypercholesterolemia
Lipid Research Group and University of Montreal Community Genomic Medicine Center, Universite de Montreal, Chicoutimi Hospital, 305 St Vallier, Chicoutimi, Quebec G7H 5H6, Canada
Atherosclerosis 196:262-9. 2008
..73, confidence interval 95%: [1.19-2.53]; p=0.004). These results suggest that low plasma adiponectin is associated with an increased risk of premature CAD over and above the already exaggerated risk seen in FH patients...
- Targeting APOC3 in the familial chylomicronemia syndrome
From the ECOGENE 21 Clinical Research Center, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, and the Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal both in Canada D G, D B, K T and Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad V J A, W S, S G H, R S G, B F B, M J G, R M C, and the Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology Metabolism, University California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla J L W both in California
N Engl J Med 371:2200-6. 2014
..7 mmol per liter) with treatment. These data support the role of APOC3 as a key regulator of LPL-independent pathways of triglyceride metabolism. ..
- Prevalence of lifestyle risk factors in myotonic dystrophy type 1
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire sur les maladies neuromusculaires GRIMN, Neuromuscular Clinic, Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Jonquière, Quebec, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 40:42-7. 2013
..The objectives are: 1) To determine the prevalence of risk factors among individuals with DM1; 2) To compare the prevalence among classic and mild phenotypes...
- Review of the clinical development of alipogene tiparvovec gene therapy for lipoprotein lipase deficiency
Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, ECOGENE 21 Clinical Research Center, Chicoutimi Hospital, Canada
Atheroscler Suppl 11:55-60. 2010
..The clinical development program of alipogene tiparvovec includes observational studies as well as phase I/II and II/III clinical trials. Pooled data are collected on safety and efficacy issues, including the incidence of pancreatitis...
- On-site management of investigational products and drug delivery systems in conformity with Good Clinical Practices (GCPs)
Department of Medicine, Université de Montréal and ECOGENE 21 Clinical Trial Center, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, QC, Canada
Clin Trials 9:265-71. 2012