- Triple antiviral therapy as a new option for patients with interferon nonresponsive chronic hepatitis C
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, University of Bologna, Italy
Hepatology 32:630-4. 2000
..The safety profile was similar in the 2 groups. In conclusion, in patients with interferon-nonresponsive chronic hepatitis C, triple antiviral therapy for 1 year results in a high rate of sustained biochemical and virologic responses...
- Slowly tapering off steroids protects the graft against hepatitis C recurrence after liver transplantation
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Italy
Liver Transpl 8:884-8. 2002
..In conclusion, our results seem to indicate that in HCV-infected liver transplant recipients, a long-term treatment with corticosteroids, slowly tapered off over time, may prevent the more aggressive forms of recurrent liver disease...
- Role of amantadine and other adjuvant therapies in the treatment of hepatitis C
University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Semin Liver Dis 24:89-95. 2004
..In this article, the author reviews the role of amantadine alone or as part of combination therapy regimens for chronic hepatitis C and briefly looks at the use of other agents as potential adjuvants...
- Pilot study of triple antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C in interferon alpha non-responders
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Policlinico S Orsola, University of Bologna, Italy
Ital J Gastroenterol Hepatol 31:130-4. 1999
..No effective therapy exists for interferon non-responding chronic hepatitis C patients...
- Higher doses of peginterferon alpha-2b administered twice weekly improve sustained virological response in difficult-to-treat patients with chronic hepatitis C: results of a pilot randomized study
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Viral Hepat 12:536-42. 2005
- Peginterferon-based therapy for chronic hepatitis C virus infection in patients with normal alanine aminotransferase levels
Ann Intern Med 139:W83. 2003
- Low recurrence rate of hepatocellular carcinoma after liver transplantation: better patient selection or lower immunosuppression?
Department of Surgery and Transplantation, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Transplantation 74:1746-51. 2002
..Immunosuppression represents a risk factor for tumor growth; the schedules of the immunosuppressant drugs have been modified through the years, aiming to reduce their dosage to the effective minimum...