- Methodological survey of designed uneven randomization trials (DU-RANDOM): a protocol
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Trials 15:33. 2014
..Until now, no convincing data exists addressing the impact of DUR on participation rates in trials. The objective of this study is to evaluate the epidemiology and to explore factors associated with DUR...
- A methodological survey of the analysis, reporting and interpretation of Absolute Risk ReductiOn in systematic revieWs (ARROW): a study protocol
Iberoamerican Cochrane Centre, Institute of Biomedical Research IIB Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Syst Rev 2:113. 2013
..The objectives of our study are to determine the proportion of systematic reviews that report absolute measures of effect for the most important outcomes, and ascertain how they are analyzed, reported and interpreted...
- Positive association between conflicts of interest and reporting of positive results in randomized clinical trials in dentistry
Dr Brignardello Petersen is a lecturer, Faculty of Dentistry, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, and a PhD student, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto Address reprint requests to Dr Brignardello Petersen at Sergio Livingstone Pohlhammer 943, Independencia, Santiago, Chile
J Am Dent Assoc 144:1165-70. 2013
..The relationship between industry funding and study results has been explored widely in medicine but not in dentistry. The authors aimed to assess the relationship between conflicts of interest (COIs) and study results...
- Is adjuvant laser therapy effective for preventing pain, swelling, and trismus after surgical removal of impacted mandibular third molars? A systematic review and meta-analysis
Department of Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:1789-801. 2012
..To assess the efficacy and safety of low-level laser energy irradiation (LLEI) for decreasing pain, swelling, and trismus after surgical removal of impacted mandibular third molars (IMTMs)...
- Secondary versus primary closure techniques for the prevention of postoperative complications following removal of impacted mandibular third molars: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Evidence Based Dentistry Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:e441-57. 2012
..To determine the impact of secondary versus primary closure techniques on the frequency and severity of pain, facial swelling, trismus, infectious complications, and postoperative bleeding after impacted mandibular third molar extraction...
- Oral health care for patients with epidermolysis bullosa--best clinical practice guidelines
Susanne M Krämer
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Int J Paediatr Dent 22:1-35. 2012
..To provide the users with information on the current best practices for managing the oral health care of people living with EB...
- Effects of probiotics in periodontal diseases: a systematic review
Evidence Based Dentistry Unit, School of Dentistry, Universidad de Chile, Sergio Livingstone 943 Independencia, Santiago, Chile
Clin Oral Investig 17:1627-34. 2013
..This study was designed to determine the effects of probiotics in prevention and/or treatment of periodontal diseases...
- A practitioner's guide to developing critical appraisal skills: what is the difference between clinical and statistical significance?
Evidence Based Dentistry Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, Santiago
J Am Dent Assoc 144:780-6. 2013
..It is common to find published studies in which the authors claim to have found significant results. However, many times these results are only statistically significant with no meaningful impact in clinical settings...