- Cross-clade protective immune responses to influenza viruses with H5N1 HA and NA elicited by an influenza virus-like particle
Rick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1501. 2008
- Influenza virus-like particles elicit broader immune responses than whole virion inactivated influenza virus or recombinant hemagglutinin
Rick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 25:3871-8. 2007
..Interestingly, VLPs elicited antibodies that recognized a broader panel of antigenically distinct H3N2 viral isolates compared to rHA or WIV in a hemagglutination-inhibition (HAI) assay...
- H5N1 VLP vaccine induced protection in ferrets against lethal challenge with highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza viruses
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, MD, USA
Vaccine 26:5393-9. 2008
..Exploration of immunologic correlates of protection for H5N1 vaccines beyond HAI and neutralizing antibody responses is warranted...
- Evaluation of influenza virus-like particles and Novasome adjuvant as candidate vaccine for avian influenza
Novavax Inc, 9920 Belward Campus Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 25:4283-90. 2007
..Positive effect of the adjuvant was also detected using the rH9 vaccine. The results have implications for the development of safe and effective vaccines for avian influenza viruses with pandemic potential...
- Development of adenoviral-vector-based pandemic influenza vaccine against antigenically distinct human H5N1 strains in mice
Mary A Hoelscher
Influenza Branch, Division of Rickettsial and Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Lancet 367:475-81. 2006
..01). INTERPRETATION: Our findings highlight the potential of an Ad-vector-based delivery system, which is both egg-independent and adjuvant-independent and offers stockpiling options for the development of a pandemic influenza vaccine...
- Transmission of equine influenza virus to dogs
P C Crawford
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Science 310:482-5. 2005
..Evidence of infection in pet dogs suggests that this infection may also become enzootic in this population...
- Polygenic virulence factors involved in pathogenesis of 1997 Hong Kong H5N1 influenza viruses in mice
Influenza Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, N E, MS G16, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virus Res 128:159-63. 2007
..Multiple genes are involved in virulence of Hong Kong H5N1 influenza A viruses for mice with the presence of lysine at aa627 in the PB2 gene exhibiting a significantly larger effect than the HA and NA genes...
- Impact of glycosylation on the immunogenicity of a DNA-based influenza H5 HA vaccine
Rick A Bright
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virology 308:270-8. 2003
- Induction of heterosubtypic immunity to influenza A virus using a DNA vaccine expressing hemagglutinin-C3d fusion proteins
Judy A Mitchell
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Brody Health Sciences Building, Room 5N/96E, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27858-4354, USA
Vaccine 21:902-14. 2003
..The HA-mC3d(3)-DNA vaccinated mice were protected from heterologous influenza challenge, even though sera from these mice had no viral-neutralizing activity against heterologous virus...
- Surveillance of resistance to adamantanes among influenza A(H3N2) and A(H1N1) viruses isolated worldwide
Varough M Deyde
Influenza Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 196:249-57. 2007
..The results of the study highlight the necessity of close monitoring of resistance to existing antivirals as wells as the need for new therapeutics...
- Surveillance for neuraminidase inhibitor resistance among human influenza A and B viruses circulating worldwide from 2004 to 2008
Tiffany G Sheu
Influenza Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3284-92. 2008
..6% (50/579 isolates). The recent increase in oseltamivir resistance among A(H1N1) viruses isolated from untreated patients raises public health concerns and necessitates close monitoring of resistance to NA inhibitors...