- Conflict, compromise formation, and structural theoryCharles Brenner
Psychoanal Q 71:397-417. 2002..The nature, origins, and timing of conflict and compromise formation in mental development are discussed, as well as their relation to psychic trauma...
- Is the structural model still useful?Charles Brenner
Int J Psychoanal 84:1093-6. 2003
- Creativity and psychodynamicsCharles Brenner
Psychoanal Q 73:511-5. 2004
- Aspects of psychoanalytic theory: drives, defense, and the pleasure-unpleasure principleCharles Brenner
New York Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, New York, NY, USA
Psychoanal Q 77:707-17. 2008..Elements of this theory that seem invalid are identified and discussed, and revisions are proposed that appear to have more validity and greater clinical usefulness...
- Memories of Jacob A. Arlow: A special tribute by the Psychoanalytic QuarterlyDale Boesky
Psychoanal Q 75:365-404. 2006
- Jacob A. Arlow (1912-2004)Charles Brenner
Am J Psychiatry 163:1518. 2006
- Freud's great voyage of discoveryCharles Brenner
Psychoanal Q 76:9-25. 2007..Included is a brief review of the views of some noteworthy analysts, all of whom agree in ignoring the importance of infantile sexuality and/or in minimizing its importance...