Adriane Iurck Zonato
- Association of systematic head and neck physical examination with severity of obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndromeAdriane I Zonato
Sleep Center of the Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Laryngoscope 113:973-80. 2003..The aim was to identify anatomical abnormalities that could be seen during a simple physical examination and determine their correlation with apnea-hypopnea index (AHI)...
- A comparison of public and private obstructive sleep apnea clinicsA I Zonato
Disciplina de Medicina do Sono, Departamento de Psicobiologia, Instituto do Sono, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:69-76. 2004..Private patients look for a diagnosis earlier in the course of the disease than public patients, adhere more to follow-up, and abandon continuous positive airway pressure treatment less than public patients do...
- Head and neck physical examination: comparison between nonapneic and obstructive sleep apnea patientsAdriane I Zonato
Otorhinolaryngology Discipline, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Laryngoscope 115:1030-4. 2005..The purpose of this study was to apply a systematic physical examination, used to evaluate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) patients, in nonapneic patients...
- Upper airway surgery: the effect on nasal continuous positive airway pressure titration on obstructive sleep apnea patientsAdriane Iurck Zonato
Sleep Institute Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Brazil
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:481-6. 2006..5% of the patients and > or =3 cmH(2)O in 41.1%. Upper airway surgical treatment appears to have some benefit by reducing nasal CPAP pressure levels. The effect seems to be greater when the prior pressure was > or =14 cmH(2)O...
- Obstructive sleep apnea in patients undergoing supracricoid horizontal or frontolateral vertical partial laryngectomyYusef Israel
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:911-6. 2006....
- Application of the Kushida morphometric model in patients with sleep-disordered breathingMaria Claudia Mattos Soares
UNIFESP, Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Unit, Sao Paulo Federal University, Brazil
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 72:541-8. 2006..The morphometric model is a useful screening test to investigate the possibility of OSAS in patients during initial office visits...