Fernando Madalena Volpe
- Impact of ECT on duration of hospitalizations for maniaFernando Madalena Volpe
Department of Psychiatry, Santa Maria Hospital, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J ECT 19:17-21. 2003..To assess the impact of the use of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) on the length of hospital stay of manic patients...
- Naturalistic evaluation of inpatient treatment of mania in a private Brazilian psychiatric hospitalFernando Madalena Volpe
Veterinary School, Federal University of Minas Gerais UFMG Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 25:72-7. 2003..To describe the clinical practices on the treatment of mania in a Brazilian hospital, and to compare them to other international similar reports and practice guidelines...
- Manic patients receiving ECT in a Brazilian sampleFernando M Volpe
Department of Epidemiology, Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos, 6627, Belo Horizonte, MG 30161 970, Brazil
J Affect Disord 79:201-8. 2004..Characterization of manic inpatients receiving electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) has not been done...
- Seasonality of admissions for mania in a psychiatric hospital of Belo Horizonte, BrazilFernando Madalena Volpe
Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, Brazil
J Affect Disord 94:243-8. 2006..A spring and/or summer peak has been the most frequent finding, correlating to climatic variables, especially luminosity. There are, however, no South American studies on this association...
- Further evidence of seasonality of mania in the tropicsFernando Madalena Volpe
Hospital Foundation of the State of Minas Gerais FHEMIG, Núcleo de ensino e Pesquisa do Hospital Galba Velloso, Rua Conde Pereira Carneiro, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
J Affect Disord 124:178-82. 2010..The present study was designed to investigate the seasonal distribution of mania and its correlations to climatic variables, in a large sample of patients visiting the emergency psychiatric room...
- An 8-week, open-label trial of duloxetine for comorbid major depressive disorder and chronic headacheFernando M Volpe
Liason Psychiatry Service, Hospital Socor, Rua Pernambuco 353, sl 1505, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil, 30130 150
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1449-54. 2008..This trial aimed to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of duloxetine for this indication...
- Seasonality of three dimensions of mania: psychosis, aggression and suicidalityFernando Madalena Volpe
Casa de Saúde Santa Maria, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Affect Disord 108:95-100. 2008....
- The impact of changing health indicators on infant mortality rates in Brazil, 2000 and 2005Fernando M Volpe
Minas Gerais Hospital Foundation, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 26:478-84. 2009..To investigate the associations between changes in indicators of health-related resources and coverage, and variations in infant mortality rates (IMR) in Brazil's 27 states in 2000 and 2005...
- [Ethics, culture and media: who is guilty of eating disorders?]Fernando Madalena Volpe
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:294-5; author reply 295-6. 2007
- Re: "Seasonal associations between weather conditions and suicide--evidence against a classic hypothesis"Fernando Madalena Volpe
Am J Epidemiol 166:237; author reply 237-8. 2007
- The Portuguese version of the Clinical Global Impression-Schizophrenia Scale: validation studyMauricio Silva de Lima
Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, and Hospital Espírita de Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:246-9. 2007..The objective of this study is to validate the Portuguese version of the Clinical Global Impression-Schizophrenia Scale in Brazil by assessing its psychometric properties...