- The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative shows positive effects on breastfeeding indicators in BrazilSonia Isoyama Venancio
Instituto de Saude, Secretaria Estadual de Saúde de São Paulo SES SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:914-8. 2012..This paper aims to assess the influence of the BFHI on breastfeeding indicators in Brazil, using data from the 2nd Survey of Breastfeeding Prevalence, conducted in 2008...
- [Frequency and determinants of breastfeeding in the State of São Paulo, Brazil]Sonia Isoyama Venancio
Instituto de Saude, Secretaria de Estado da Saúde de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 36:313-8. 2002..To meet the information need of Brazilian municipalities concerning breastfeeding practices as part of health care planning, a study was carried out to describe breastfeeding and to identify weaning-related factors...
- [Kangaroo-Mother Care: scientific evidence and impact on breastfeeding]Sonia Isoyama Venancio
Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
J Pediatr (Rio J) 80:S173-80. 2004..To describe the history of the Kangaroo Mother Care and present scientific evidence about benefits of this practice on morbidity and mortality, psychological and neurological development and breastfeeding of low birth weight infants...
- Individual and contextual determinants of exclusive breast-feeding in São Paulo, Brazil: a multilevel analysisSonia Isoyama Venancio
Departamento de Nutrição da Faculdade de Saúde Pública, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Public Health Nutr 9:40-6. 2006..To identify individual and contextual factors associated with the practice of exclusive breast-feeding (EBF)...
- [Effects of delayed cord clamping on hemoglobin and ferritin levels in infants at three months of age]Sonia Isoyama Venancio
Instituto de Saude, Secretaria de Estado da Saúde de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:S323-31. 2008..040), and the concentration was higher (23.29ng/mL) in this subgroup as compared to the early clamping subgroup. Delayed umbilical cord clamping can serve as a strategy to improve infant iron status and prevent iron deficiency...
- Breastfeeding practice in the Brazilian capital cities and the Federal District: current status and advancesSonia I Venancio
Secretaria de Estado da Saúde de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 86:317-24. 2010..To present the breastfeeding (BF) indicators obtained in the Second Survey on Prevalence of Breastfeeding in the Brazilian Capitals and the Federal District and to analyze their evolution from 1999 to 2008...
- [Management practices of regional referencing: a comparative study of five cases in the State of São Paulo, Brazil]Sonia Isoyama Venancio
Instituto de Saude, Secretaria de Estado da Saúde de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, 01314 000, Brazil
Cien Saude Colet 16:3951-64. 2011..To evaluate management practices of regional referencing in the State of São Paulo, identifying the main difficulties in the process of agreement between health managers to achieve integrate health care...