- Bone marrow cell transplantation in Chagas' disease heart failure: report of the first human experienceFabio Vilas-Boas
Hospital Santa Izabel, Santa Casa de Misericórdia da Bahia, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 96:325-31. 2011..Studies using mice models of HFCD indicate that bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation (BMCT) may reduce inflammation, fibrosis, and improve myocardial function...
- Modern approach to the treatment of decompensated heart failureFabio Vilas-Boas
Chief of the Cardiology Division and Director of the Heart Failure and Transplantation Program, Hospital Espanhol, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 7:159-67. 2009..New therapeutic options, such as natriuretic peptides, calcium sensitizers and others in development, provide benefits beyond the usual drugs and can be used in scenarios where traditional agents would not be considered...
- Invasive and noninvasive correlations of B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with heart failure due to Chagas cardiomyopathyFabio Vilas-Boas
Heart Failure Clinics and Academic Research Department of Santa Izabel Hospital, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Congest Heart Fail 14:121-6. 2008..The authors conclude that BNP levels are elevated in patients experiencing HFCC, irrespective of NYHA class, and that the occurrence of HFCC correlates with severity of disease...
- [Current insights into the modern treatment of decompensated heart failure]Fabio Vilas-Boas
Hospital Espanhol, Cardiology Division, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:369-77. 2006..The physician responsible for treating these patients should learn how to use the best available evidence, in order to tailor treatment with safety and efficacy...
- [Early results of bone marrow cell transplantation to the myocardium of patients with heart failure due to Chagas disease]Fabio Vilas-Boas
Hospital Santa Izabel, Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, Salvador, BA
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:159-66. 2006..To evaluate early effects of bone marrow cell transplantation to the myocardium of patients with heart failure (CHF) due to Chagas disease...
- Bone marrow cell transplantation to the myocardium of a patient with heart failure due to Chagas' diseaseFabio Vilas-Boas
Hospital Santa Izabel, Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, FIOCRUZ BA, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 82:185-7, 181-4. 2004..Our findings show that intracoronary injection of bone marrow cells may be performed, suggesting that this is a potentially safe and effective procedure in patients with due to Chagas' disease heart failure...
- Levosimendan in decompensated heart failure patients: efficacy in a Brazilian cohort. Results of the BELIEF studyEdimar Alcides Bocchi
Heart Institute InCor of São Paulo University Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 90:182-90. 2008..Levosimendan is a new inodilatory agent that enhances cardiac contractility via Ca(2+) sensitization and induces vasodilation through the activation of KATP/BKCa...
- Treatment with benznidazole during the chronic phase of experimental Chagas' disease decreases cardiac alterationsSimone Garcia
, , , 121, Brotas, Salvador, Brazil CEP 40295-001, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1521-8. 2005..cruzi elimination in order to decrease or prevent the development of severe chagasic cardiomyopathy...
- [From diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines to clinical practice in Brazil]Fabio Vilas-Boas
Presidente do Grupo de Estudos em Insuficiência Cardíaca Sociedade Brasileira de Cardiologia, Salvador, Brasil
Rev Port Cardiol 23:III33-6. 2004..Differences between the public and private health systems in our country, although, compromise the compliance of patients to HF treatment, decreasing the efficacy of treatment in the lower social classes...
- Epidemiological aspects of adherence to the treatment of hypertensionJadelson P Andrade
Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saude Publica, Salvador, BA
Arq Bras Cardiol 79:375-84. 2002..To analyze the reasons given by patients for interrupting their pharmacological treatment of hypertension...
- Assessment of the general knowledge of emergency physicians from the hospitals of the city of Salvador (Brazil) on the care of cardiac arrest patientsNivaldo Menezes Filgueiras Filho
Universidade Federal da Bahia, Faculdade de Medicina, Hospital Universitario Professor Edgard Santos, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:634-40. 2006....