Maria Carmen Viana
- Family burden related to mental and physical disorders in the world: results from the WHO World Mental Health (WMH) surveysMaria Carmen Viana
Department of Social Medicine, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo UFES, Vitoria, ES, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 35:115-25. 2013..To assess prevalence and correlates of family caregiver burdens associated with mental and physical conditions worldwide...
- Lifetime Prevalence, age and gender distribution and age-of-onset of psychiatric disorders in the São Paulo Metropolitan Area, Brazil: results from the São Paulo Megacity Mental Health SurveyMaria Carmen Viana
Department of Social Medicine Post Graduate Program in Public Health, Health Sciences Center, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Vitoria, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 34:249-60. 2012..To estimate prevalence, age-of-onset, gender distribution and identify correlates of lifetime psychiatric disorders in the São Paulo Metropolitan Area (SPMA)...
- Cross-national epidemiology of DSM-IV major depressive episodeEvelyn Bromet
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, South Campus, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, NY, USA
BMC Med 9:90. 2011..In this paper, we present data on the prevalence, impairment and demographic correlates of depression from 18 high and low- to middle-income countries in the World Mental Health Survey Initiative...
- São Paulo Megacity Mental Health Survey - a population-based epidemiological study of psychiatric morbidity in the São Paulo metropolitan area: aims, design and field implementationMaria Carmen Viana
Section of Psychiatric Epidemiology, LIM 23, Institute of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:375-86. 2009..A total of 5,037 individuals were interviewed, with a global response rate of 81.3%. Saliva samples were collected from 1,801 respondents, with DNA extracted stored pending further investigations...
- Gender differences in drinking patterns and alcohol-related problems in a community sample in São Paulo, BrazilCamila Magalhães Silveira
Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:205-12. 2012..To investigate drinking patterns and gender differences in alcohol-related problems in a Brazilian population, with an emphasis on the frequency of heavy drinking...
- Days out-of-role due to common physical and mental health problems: results from the São Paulo Megacity Mental Health Survey, BrazilLaura Helena Andrade
Section of Psychiatric Epidemiology LIM 23, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, São PauloSP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 68:1392-9. 2013....
- Sociodemographic correlates of transitions from alcohol use to disorders and remission in the São Paulo megacity mental health survey, BrazilCamila Magalhães Silveira
Section of Psychiatric Epidemiology LIM 23, Department and Institute of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, R Dr Ovidio Pires de Campos, CEAPESQ, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Alcohol Alcohol 46:324-32. 2011..To evaluate sociodemographic correlates associated with transitions from alcohol use to disorders and remission in a Brazilian population...
- Influence of psychiatric morbidity and sociodemographic determinants on use of service in a catchment area in the city of São Paulo, BrazilLaura Helena Andrade
Section of Psychiatric Epidemiology, Institute and Dept of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:45-53. 2008..The objective of this study is to examine determinants of health service utilization by individuals with psychiatric disorders in a defined area in the city of São Paulo, Brazil...