M A Van Sluys
- A novel linkage map of sugarcane with evidence for clustering of retrotransposon-based markersAlessandra C Palhares
Departamento de Genetica, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 13418 900, Piracicaba, Brazil
BMC Genet 13:51. 2012....
- Diversification of hAT transposase paralogues in the sugarcane genomeErika M de Jesus
GaTE Lab, Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Rua do Matao, 277, Sala 153, Butanta, 05508 090, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Mol Genet Genomics 287:205-19. 2012..Taken together, these findings permit to follow the diversification of some hAT transposase paralogues in sugarcane, aggregating knowledge about the co-evolution of transposons and their host genomes...
- Analysis of plant LTR-retrotransposons at the fine-scale family level reveals individual molecular patternsDouglas S Domingues
GaTE Lab, Depto, de Botânica, Inst, de Biociências, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Rua do Matao, 277, 05508 090 São Paulo, Brazil
BMC Genomics 13:137. 2012..It is therefore crucial to understand their contribution to the genome and transcriptome, however a detailed study of LTR-RTs in sugarcane has not been previously carried out...
- Characterization of new IS elements and studies of their dispersion in two subspecies of Leifsonia xyliMarcelo M Zerillo
Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Rua do Matao, 277, 05508 900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
BMC Microbiol 8:127. 2008..Since IS elements are largely reported as an important source of bacterial genome diversification and nothing is known about their role in chromosome architecture of L. xyli, a comparative analysis of Lxc and Lxx elements was performed...
- Radiation of the Tnt1 retrotransposon superfamily in three Solanaceae generaMaria E Manetti
GaTE Lab, Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de São Paulo Departamento de Botânica, Sao Paulo, SP Brasil
BMC Evol Biol 7:34. 2007..The study presented here was conducted to characterise Tnt1-related sequences in 20 wild species of Solanum and five cultivars of Solanum tuberosum...
- Multiple invasions of Gypsy and Micropia retroelements in genus Zaprionus and melanogaster subgroup of the genus DrosophilaNathalia de Setta
Department of Biology, UNESP Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
BMC Evol Biol 9:279. 2009..Among these elements, the Gypsy and the Micropia retroelements were chosen for screening in seven species of the two Zaprionus subgenera, Anaprionus and Zaprionus...
- Comparative analyses of the complete genome sequences of Pierce's disease and citrus variegated chlorosis strains of Xylella fastidiosaM A Van Sluys
Instituto de Biociência, Universidade de Sao Paulo, R do Matão 227, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Bacteriol 185:1018-26. 2003..We conclude that these two organisms have identical metabolic functions and are likely to use a common set of genes in plant colonization and pathogenesis, permitting convergence of functional genomic strategies...
- Comparative genomic analysis of plant-associated bacteriaM A Van Sluys
Depto de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Annu Rev Phytopathol 40:169-89. 2002..A total of 19 genes not involved in housekeeping functions were found common to all these bacteria...
- Genome features of Leptospira interrogans serovar CopenhageniA L T O Nascimento
Centro de Biotecnologia, Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:459-77. 2004..Genes related to toxins, lipoproteins and several surface-exposed proteins may facilitate a better understanding of the Leptospira pathogenesis and may serve as potential candidates for vaccine...
- Comparison of the genomes of two Xanthomonas pathogens with differing host specificitiesA C R da Silva
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Av Prof Lineu Prestes 748, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Nature 417:459-63. 2002..We identified several groups of strain-specific genes, and on the basis of these groups we propose mechanisms that may explain the differing host specificities and pathogenic processes...
- Comparative genomics of two Leptospira interrogans serovars reveals novel insights into physiology and pathogenesisA L T O Nascimento
Centro de Biotecnologia, Instituto Butantan, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Bacteriol 186:2164-72. 2004..Hundreds of genes encoding surface-exposed lipoproteins and transmembrane outer membrane proteins were identified as candidates for development of vaccines for the prevention of leptospirosis...
- Retrolyc1 subfamilies defined by different U3 LTR regulatory regions in the Lycopersicon genusP G Araujo
, , Brazil
Mol Genet Genomics 266:35-41. 2001..Transient expression analysis suggests that Retrolyc1A is a transcriptionally active family, and that the repeated motifs found in its U3 region are important transcriptional regulatory elements...