Alexandre Martins Valença
- Double-blind clonazepam vs placebo in panic disorder treatmentA M Valenca
Laboratory of Panic and Respiration, Institute of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 58:1025-9. 2000..To assess the effectiveness of clonazepam, in a fixed dose (2 mg/day), compared with placebo in the treatment of panic disorder patients...
- Respiratory panic disorder subtype and sensitivity to the carbon dioxide challenge testA M Valenca
Laboratório de Pânico e Respiração, Instituto de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 35:783-8. 2002..Higher CGI scores in the respiratory PD subtype could reflect a greater sensitivity to the CO2 challenge due to a greater severity of PD. Carbon dioxide challenges in PD may define PD subtypes and their underlying mechanisms...
- Early carbon dioxide challenge test may predict clinical response in panic disorderAlexandre M Valenca
Laboratory of Panic and Respiration, Institute of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro RJ, Brazil
Psychiatry Res 112:269-72. 2002..The clonazepam group had significantly fewer panic attacks in response to the CO(2) test and the test may predict clinical response...
- Therapeutic response to benzodiazepine in panic disorder subtypesAlexandre Martins Valença
Laboratory of Panic and Respiration, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 121:77-80. 2003..This study makes a comparison between two subtypes of panic disorder regarding the clinical efficacy of clonazepam, a benzodiazepine...
- Clonidine in respiratory panic disorder subtypeAlexandre M Valenca
Laboratory of Panic and Respiration, Institute of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 62:396-8. 2004..Panic disorder (PD) presents a heterogeneous cluster of symptoms and a classification based on subtypes has been suggested and the respiratory symptoms group appears as a distinct subtype...
- [Relationship between homicide and mental disorders]Alexandre Martins Valença
Centro de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 28:S62-8. 2006..One of the approaches to study this theme are investigations with homicide offenders. The aim of the present article was to investigate the association between homicide and mental disorders...
- Filicide, attempted filicide, and psychotic disordersAlexandre M Valenca
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Universidade Federal Fluminense MSM UFF, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
J Forensic Sci 56:551-4. 2011..The investigation into cases of filicide may contribute powerfully to expand our understanding of motivational factors underlying this phenomenon and enhance the odds for effective prevention...
- The panic disorder respiratory ratio: a dimensional approach to the respiratory subtypeRafael Christophe Freire
Laboratory of Panic and Respiration, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 35:57-62. 2013..The objective of our study was to determine whether the respiratory ratio is correlated with CO₂-induced panic attacks and other clinical and demographic features...
- Efficacy of a specific model for cognitive-behavioral therapy among panic disorder patients with agoraphobia: a randomized clinical trialAnna Lucia Spear King
Panic and Respiration Laboratory, Instituto de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 129:325-34. 2011..Cognitive-behavioral therapy is frequently indicated for panic disorder. The aim here was to evaluate the efficacy of a model for cognitive-behavioral therapy for treating panic disorder with agoraphobia...
- Huntington's Disease: Two-Year Observational Follow-Up of Executive Function Evaluation with CNS Vital Signs Test in an Adult PatientAnna Lucia Spear King
Laboratory of Panic and Respiration LABPR, Instituto de Psiquiatria IPUB, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, RJ, Brazil
Case Report Med 2011:385894. 2011....
- Respiratory and non-respiratory panic disorder subtypes: clinical and quality of life comparisonsValfrido Leão de-Melo-Neto
Phsychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rev Port Pneumol 15:859-74. 2009..to compare the scores of the WHOQOL quality of life domains with the clinical features of patients with respiratory and non-respiratory panic disorders (PD) treated at the UFRJ Panic and Respiration Laboratory...
- Panic attack triggering myocardial ischemia documented by myocardial perfusion imaging study. A case reportGastão Luiz Fonseca Soares-Filho
Panic and Respiration Laboratory, Institute of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, INCT Translational Medicine CNPq, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int Arch Med 5:24. 2012..abstract:..