- The association of cryoglobulinaemia with sustained virological response in patients with chronic hepatitis C
A G Vigani
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Viral Hepat 18:e91-8. 2011
..We also provide the first evidence for an association between cryoglobulinemia and higher SVR rates, highlighting its potential role as a prognostic factor for treatment response...
- Therapeutic effectiveness of biosimilar standard interferon versus pegylated interferon for chronic hepatitis C genotypes 2 or 3
Aline Gonzalez Vigani
Viral Hepatitis Study Group, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 16:232-6. 2012
..Biosimilar standard IFN is widely available in Brazil for the treatment of HCV infection genotypes 2 or 3, but its efficacy compared to Peg-IFN is unknown...
- Retreatment of hepatitis C patients with pegylated interferon combined with ribavirin in non-responders to interferon plus ribavirin. Is it different in real life?
Fernando L Goncales
Grupo de Estudo das Hepatites, Disciplina de Doenças Infecciosas, Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 10:212. 2010
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of retreatment with Peg-Interferon alpha-2b (PEG-IFN alpha-2b) plus RBV, in patients with HCV, genotypes 1 or 3, who were non-responders to the previous standard treatment with IFN/RBV...
- Hepatitis B virus: molecular genotypes and HBeAg serological status among HBV-infected patients in the southeast of Brazil
Priscila A Tonetto
Grupo de Estudo das Hepatites Disciplina de Moléstias Infecciosas, Departamento de Clínica Médica Faculdade de Ciências Médicas Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 9:149. 2009
..The aim of this study was to determine HBV subtypes and genotypes in HBV-infected patients in our region (southeast Brazil) and to correlate results with clinical and histopathological data...
- Comparative study of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection due to genotypes 1 and 3 referred for treatment in southeast Brazil
Aline G Vigani
Grupo de Estudos das Hepatites Virais, Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Sau Paulo, Brasil
BMC Infect Dis 8:164. 2008
..We set out to study the natural history of HCV genotype 1 and 3 infections in Campinas, São Paulo state, Brazil, focusing on epidemiological, clinical, biochemical, and histological characteristics...
- Extended treatment with interferon and ribavirin in a hemodialysis patient with chronic hepatitis C
Aline Gonzalez Vigani
Viral Hepatitis Study Group, Department of Medical Clinic, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 14:193-6. 2010
..Qualitative HCV RNA remained positive at 12 weeks of treatment; ribavirin was associated. HCV RNA was negative at week 24 and treatment was extended to 72 weeks. HCV RNA negative six months after treatment...